Created by: KathyD
Created on October 26, 2011
Categories: Lunch, Salads, Meat Salad, Side Dishes, Dairy, Cheese, Blue, Nuts/Seeds, Walnut, Vegetables, Beet, North American, Budget-Friendly, Easy/Beginner Cooking, No-Cook, Brunch, Entertaining, July 4th, Labor Day, Ladies Luncheon, Mother's Day, Picnic, Potluck, Summer, Winter, Refrigerator, Gluten-Free, High Fiber, No Eggs, Make it from scratch, Spring (more)
Beet, Walnut & Blue Cheese Salad
"I love beets, and this is a nice dish that can be prepared quickly with canned beets; but if you have time, cook fresh beets. I use a mixture of fresh golden and red beets."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (3)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 10mPT10M
Cook Time: 60mPT60M
If you like beets this is a must make! A wonderful salad that I will make often, especially in the summer with fresh beets..
- 2 cans (16 ounces) beets (drained sliced, diced, or shredded or 24 ounces fresh beets)
- 1/2 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons yellow mustard (sweet-hot mustard)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- TO SERVE
- 6 tablespoons chopped walnuts (toast if desired)
- 6 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped bacon (cooked crumbled)
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Drain beets and place in a medium-large bowl. If using fresh beets, cook beets, cool, then slice/chop as desired.
Combine onion, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, oil, sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper in small bowl. Pour over beets.
Refrigerate 1 hour. When ready to serve, top with walnuts, blue cheese, and bacon. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving Size: 1 (139.3 g)
- Calories 251.6
- Total Fat - 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat - 3.8 g
- Cholesterol - 6.7 mg
- Sodium - 461.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber - 2.4 g
- Sugars - 8.7 g
- Protein - 5.4 g
- Calcium - 73.8 mg
- Iron - 1.3 mg
- Vitamin C - 4.6 mg
- Thiamin - 0 mg