Created by: DishItTrish
Created on September 11, 2015
Beef & Refried Bean Tacos
"If you a taco fan then you'll love this one, this is the one recipe I usually go to when I make tacos cause it's our favorite, you will need the stand-and-stuff taco shells for this"
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (1)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 25mPT25M
Cook Time: 30mPT30M
Very easy straight forward, tasty taco recipe. I made my refried beans (KC's #10507). I cut the recipe bck to 5 tacos with no problem. Added some chopped lettuce & Tex Mex Cheese. We loved our dinner..
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounce) refried beans
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Picante sauce (I buy two jars for this cause I find for us one is not enough if your topping it on the tacos, tomato sauce can be replaced for the picante sauce)
- 1 packet (35 gram) taco seasoning
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 box (4.7 ounce) taco shells (use stand-and-stuff taco shells, 12 shells, one 4.7 ounce box, plus 2 more shells)
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Brown the ground beef with onion in a large skillet. COMPLETELY drain all grease and return to skillet. Over low heat, add refried beans, taco seasoning, and about half of the jar of picante sauce (you can eye this to see whats best, you don’t want the filling to be too runny or your tacos will be soggy on the bottoms). Blend well. scoop the beef filling mixture into the tacos (which should be “standing” position on a baking sheet). Sprinkle cheese over the top.
Bake preheated 375 degrees for about 10 minutes.
Serve with remaining taco sauce and your favorite toppings.
- Serving Size: 1 (189.1 g)
- Calories 440
- Total Fat - 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat - 6.3 g
- Cholesterol - 77.7 mg
- Sodium - 201.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber - 2 g
- Sugars - 24.5 g
- Protein - 22.7 g
- Calcium - 71.7 mg
- Iron - 3 mg
- Vitamin C - 5.3 mg
- Thiamin - 0.2 mg