Created by: lazyme
Created on February 24, 2015
Basic Fried Rice - With Variations
"Another recipe that I acquired from a Chinese cooking class that I took. This is a basic fried rice recipe, but has lots of optional ingredients that you can pick and choose to add to the rice."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (2)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 20mPT20M
Cook Time: 20mPT20M
I love the versatility of this recipe!!! I used brown basmati rice, celery, onions, pimentos and chopped spinach and it made for a great vegetarian dish..
- 4 cups brown rice (cooked, cold)
- Cooked meat or seafood (1 cup, see choices below)
- Vegetables (1 cup, see choices below)
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sherry
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- MEAT CHOICES: (Optional) Pick and choose
- Roast pork
- Roast beef
- Roast lamb
- Roast duck
- Roast turkey
- Roast chicken
- Boiled chicken
- Boiled ham
- Baked ham
- Bacon, pan fried
- Chinese sausage, steamed
- SEAFOOD CHOICES: (Optional) Pick and choose
- Crabmeat, flaked
- Lobster, boiled and diced
- Shrimp, cooked
- VEGETABLE CHOICES: (Optional), Pick and choose
- Bamboo shoots
- Bean sprouts, blanched
- Celery, blanched
- Cucumber, add at the very end
- Green peas, parboiled
- Lettuce, add at the very end
- Mushrooms, fresh, canned, or dried (soak if dried)
- String beans, parboiled
- Tomatoes, peeled, add at the very end
- Water chestnuts
- MISCELLANEOUS CHOICES: (Optional), Pick and choose
- Use in small quantities - 1 to 2 tablespoons
- Almonds, blanched and chopped
- Peanuts, chopped
- Walnuts, blanched and chopped
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Dice or shred meat and vegetables.
Heat oil in wok; stir-fry green onions.
Add fresh vegetables and stir-fry to soften. Add canned vegetables and meat; stir-fry to heat and blend flavors. Remove from wok.
Heat some more oil if needed, to smoking.
Add rice and heat through completely.
Return vegetables and meat to wok, add soy sauce, salt, sugar and sherry.
Fold in eggs and turn off heat just as they begin to set.
Beef, onions and green pepper
Bacon, onions, lettuce and tomatoes
Chicken, onions and bean sprouts
Chicken, bamboo shoots, mushrooms and cucumber
- Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
- Calories 681.5
- Total Fat - 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat - 2.7 g
- Cholesterol - 104.2 mg
- Sodium - 957.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 122.4 g
- Dietary Fiber - 7.4 g
- Sugars - 2.2 g
- Protein - 15.6 g
- Calcium - 36.4 mg
- Iron - 3.7 mg
- Vitamin C - 0.4 mg
- Thiamin - 0.7 mg