Created by: Sue Lau
Created on February 27, 2013
Categories: Dips, Snacks, Pork, Bacon, Dairy, Cheese, Vegetables, Appetizers, Radish , North American, Budget-Friendly, Easy/Beginner Cooking, Kid Pleaser, Small Batch Cooking, Entertaining, Game/Sports Day, Picnic, Refrigerator, Stove Top, Make it from scratch (more)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 1/4 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What You Will Need
- Allow for inactive refrigeration time- 2 hours.
Cook onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon bacon fat from bacon, or use oil; cook over medium heat until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
Place onion mixture in bowl; add bacon.
Stir in cream cheese, sour cream, horseradish, mustard, pepper, and salt; mix well until blended.
Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
Serve chilled or at room temperature (dip spreads easily at room temp., but be careful not to allow spoilage).
- Serving Size: 1 (81.4 g)
- Calories 120.5
- Total Fat - 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat - 2.8 g
- Cholesterol - 26.4 mg
- Sodium - 370.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber - 0.3 g
- Sugars - 0.9 g
- Protein - 7.9 g
- Calcium - 51.1 mg
- Iron - 0.4 mg
- Vitamin C - 1 mg
- Thiamin - 0.2 mg