Created by: Axe
Created on September 12, 2011
Authentic Mulligatawny Soup
"This is an authentic recipe adapted from "The Food of India" cookbook. My family has been loving this soup for years! If you want an authentic Mooloogoo Thani soup, this is it!"
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (1)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 15mPT15M
Cook Time: 60mPT60M
this looks so good!.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons besan flour (gram flour)
- 1 green apple, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, heaping
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons boiled rice (optional)
- 3 1/2 ounces cooked chicken, shredded
- Lemon wedge
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Heat the oil and add the ginger and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes, then add the onion and saute until onion is transparent.
Add the gram flour, apple, curry powder, turmeric, tomatoes, bay leaf, pepper and chicken stock.
Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 45 minutes, then process in a blender.
Add the rice if using and chicken.
Stir well and serve with lemon wedges.
- Serving Size: 1 (370.6 g)
- Calories 236.6
- Total Fat - 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat - 2.3 g
- Cholesterol - 145.3 mg
- Sodium - 339.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber - 2.8 g
- Sugars - 8.1 g
- Protein - 14.4 g
- Calcium - 48.2 mg
- Iron - 4.7 mg
- Vitamin C - 20 mg
- Thiamin - 0.3 mg