Created by: ImPat
Created on June 11, 2017
Categories: Dinner, Lunch, Main Dish, Burgers, Lamb/Mutton, Dairy, Cheese, Blue, Fruit, Apple, Australian, Budget-Friendly, Quick Meals, Father's Day, Game/Sports Day, Weeknight Meals, Grill (Electric), Grilling (Outdoor) (more)
Aussie Lamb, Apple & Blue Cheese Burger
"From one of our national supermarket free monthly magazine March '17."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (1)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 20mPT20M
Cook Time: 10mPT10M
It's amazing how many burgers I have tried and still come across yet another winner. The apple & blue cheese really compliment the lamb flavour. I added some kale to the red cabbage & used my mini chopper. Build the burger layer by layer &.... Read more
- 500 grams minced lamb
- 70 grams breadcrumbs (1 cup stale breadcrumbs, made from day old bread)
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 brown onion (coarsely grated)
- 1/2 cup mint, finely chopped
- Red cabbage (1/2 mini cabbage, finely shredded)
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (toasted)
- 75 grams mayonnaise (1/4 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 125 grams blue cheese (6 slices Castello Burger Blue Cheese)
- 1 apple (granny smith, cut into 1 cm thick slices)
- 420 grams bread rolls (6 hamburger rolls, 70 grams each)
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Combine mince, breadcrumbs, egg, onion and mint in a large bowl and season and then divide into 6 even portions and then shape each portion into a 12 cm patty and place on a plate.
Cover the plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
Meanwhile, combine cabbage, carrot, pine nuts, mayonnaise and mustard in a large bowl and season.
Heat the barbecue grill or a chargrill pan on high and cook patties for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through and top with a blue cheese slice and cook for 1 minute or until cheese starts to melt.
Transfer to a plate and add the apple to the grill and cook for 1 minute each side or until lightly charred.
Cook the cut side of the rolls on grill for 1 minute for 1 minute or until lightly toasted and place on serving plates and top with coleslaw apple and patties and then sandwich with roll tops and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 (285.4 g)
- Calories 601.7
- Total Fat - 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat - 9 g
- Cholesterol - 213.1 mg
- Sodium - 1664.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber - 3.6 g
- Sugars - 11.1 g
- Protein - 27.4 g
- Calcium - 247.2 mg
- Iron - 4.8 mg
- Vitamin C - 3.4 mg
- Thiamin - 1.1 mg