Created by: AustinVegLiving
Recipe #4157 | Created on January 18, 2012
Asian Noodles and Broccoli
"This recipe was featured in the Vegetarian Network of Austin's April/May 2001 newsletter, Austin Vegetarian Living."
- 1 pound broccoli
- 1 pound linguine or fettucine or similar dry regular or gluten-free pasta
- 2 tablespoons dark toasted sesame oil 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained and cut into cubes
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Cut broccoli into bite sized chunks.
Bring a large pot of water to boil.
Add broccoli and cook until crunchy tender, about 4-5 minutes.
Remove broccoli with slotted spoon, rinse under cold water, and drain.
Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente.
While the pasta is cooking, heat the sesame oil and olive oil in a skillet.
Add the broccoli, tofu cubes, soy sauce, vinegar, and surgar, and stir fry for 30 seconds, then remove from heat.
Drain the pasta and toss it with the broccoli mixture.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 1 (389.8 g)
- Calories 559.9
- Total Fat - 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat - 3.3 g
- Cholesterol - 1.6 mg
- Sodium - 727.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 65.9 g
- Dietary Fiber - 8.9 g
- Sugars - 5.3 g
- Protein - 31.7 g
- Calcium - 410.1 mg
- Iron - 8.5 mg
- Vitamin C - 103.4 mg
- Thiamin - 0.6 mg