Cooking Bacon

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

lovinretirement

Cooking Bacon

Post by lovinretirement » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:43 pm

My sister gave me a great tip for cooking bacon without mess. She uses a disposable foil pan, lays out the whole pound of bacon on it, and cooks it on her outdoor gas grill. No spatter or mess. Then she just removes it from the pan onto a plate lined with paper towels. Lets them drip, then puts them in a covered container in the frig for later use. Let the pan cool on the grill, and then throw the whole thing away. Or, if you like to use bacon grease in your cooking, you can scoop the cooled grease into a jar and keep in the frig.

QueenBea

Re: Cooking Bacon

Post by QueenBea » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:53 pm

Great idea!! Thx for sharing this with us :)

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:05 pm

I've done that before lovin, it sure is a great to cook bacon :D
If you can eat, you can make it!

ClearWaterCook

Post by ClearWaterCook » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:57 am

wonderful idea, thank you!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:58 am

I do bacon on my grill all the time. Exactly NO mess. That or the oven, such a great way. Love the tip on the grease too. Or I should say drippings.

CrazyGabe

Post by CrazyGabe » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:19 pm

That`s the way to go!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:57 pm

I'm in FL too; so year round grilling is possible. Oven is second favorite.
I've been watching the BOGO (buy one get one) sales; and, found a bunch recently.

I usually cook one package; and, keep half whole; and dice up the other half. Perfect for salads, burgers, topping for soup, etc.

The other batch, I separate in half (slices); then cut the slices in half. Then, freeze in separate bags. This way, I end up with approx 3-4 wholes slices per bag. This is perfect when you need to render bacon for a soup or sauce.

And, as you pointed out, the bacon from the first batch; perfect bacon drippings. I keep them in my small mason jar.
Also, if you are big bacon eaters. Cook ore whole pieces up for breakfast. Simply put on a paper plate lined with a paper towel, and one on top. 30 seconds and perfectly reheated for the morning with eggs.