"Mild" rant about picking eating husband!!

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

MommaG

"Mild" rant about picking eating husband!!

Post by MommaG » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:29 pm

:twisted: I have posted before I have been blessed with a husband and son who are picky eaters...this week I have made Chicken Marsala (recipe #2268 by LindasBusyKitchen) served with stove top Italian rice with spinach (recipe #5961 by AngeliCook), and then I made my own recipe of creamy Cajun pasta another night. UGHHHHHHH! He picked at the food, how can you not both of these???? His comment the chicken taste okay. Of course my son ate some totally different (a hamburger or a chicken sandwich).

The only winner this week is Kittencals Cream Cheese Enchiladas. For him this is "normal food". BTW, ya'll need to check out this recipe! Super good and this is coming from a Texas gal.

It wasn't the recipes just the person(s)...so frustrated!!!

I feel like buying a can a spam and crackers and tell them it is supper!!

Okay maybe not such a mild rant, but I do feel better. :roll:

KittenCal

Re: "Mild" rant about picking eating husband!!

Post by KittenCal » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG too funny!!! I feel for you MG, thank God I had a Dh that ate everything and anything... now, what pissed me off was he would and could eat a bag of chocolate bars and half a cake, plus a bunch of food before bedtime and he ate all day constantly and NEVER put on a pound :evil: , well I just have to do a quick look at in or breath it in and I'm up 5 pounds...

Anyway MG I'm glad at least he enjoyed the enchys, you might want to make that for everyday, that would solve the problem :lol:
If you can eat, you can make it!

dienia b

Post by dienia b » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:42 pm

i feel for you my mr picky also loses weight picking up the fork , and i have had just the same thought , a can of spam lol , i feel your pain lol

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:07 pm

Hahahahaha, I hear ya!!! As much as I love my DH, I should not of married a picky eater. It is so frustrating when you want to try something new and you get an evil look. I swear he decides before he even puts the fork to his mouth whether he likes it or not, UGH...............

dienia b

Post by dienia b » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:17 pm

yep , i get , i never have liked that , i KNOW hes never even heard of it before much less tasted it lol

dienia b

Post by dienia b » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:21 pm

heh queen bea , i pinned your pickles and they are now going nuts on pinterest lol

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:12 am

Picky eaters ... the one good quality my husband had ... he loved to eat; and, was not picky. My son for the most part - not picky other than a couple of phases.

I don't think I could ever be married to someone picky, I would go nuts! I have dated a few since my divorce; and, it was a deal breaker, lol, really!

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:45 pm

There is a book out there every person who cooks for a family should read:

" Eating Right For Your Blood Type "

It explains why some people don't like certain foods but love others.

Deepster

Post by Deepster » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:53 pm

Being a male, I think this is all a matter of perspective. As for me, I'll eat anything and everything! If you are cooking for others, then their particular likes and dislikes are gonna be glaring issues for you. I personally have met as many "picky" eaters from both sexes. But, of course, this is a mild rant, and not an over generalization of any person of any category :D

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:13 pm

I guess I am saying PICKY, as to being very picky. I have a few friends that don't eat this or that; and, I will easily make sure I make something different for them. I'm thinking about those who are picky about LOTS of stuff.

Sorry, if I misread. I met a guy who didn't like lamb, green veggies, cabbage, tomatoes, peppers, onions, etc. DROVE me nuts.

I don't mind the occasional this and that; but, so much, really is difficult. Maybe just me; but, I couldn't deal with it.