Anyone Own A Roomba?

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Deely

Anyone Own A Roomba?

Post by Deely » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:34 pm

Because of back pain I'm limited to about 15 minutes of physical activity at a time. It's not bad...I can still do all the things I want to, BUT I don't want to waste time doing things I'd rather not be doing. The Roomba would help me out so much but I hate to shell out the bucks if it's one of those "to good to be true" deals. Any info would be great.

QueenBea

Re: Anyone Own A Roomba?

Post by QueenBea » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:36 pm

Deely, I LOVE my Roomba!!!!!

DH bought it for me for Xmas a couple of years ago and it is the cat's meow. The one he bought me allows me to set what time and what day it goes around the house. I st it to do it's job at the same time everyday. All you have to do is empty the dirt chamber after it is done and clean he wheels every so often.

Not all models have the automatic setting but you don't really need that, all you have to do is hit the start button and it vacuums the entire floor it is set on.

Teejay

Post by Teejay » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:43 pm

I want one so badly my girlfriend has one and she loves it, it will be on my xmas list (again) for next xmas

59chevymom

Post by 59chevymom » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:53 pm

I'd love to have one I've seen some really funny UTube vids with cats riding on top of the roomba while the machine is cleaning the floor, way to funny! :lol:

SSchiffer

Post by SSchiffer » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:58 pm

I don't have one, I've often wondered how they clean in the corners :?

Deely

Post by Deely » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:05 pm

QueenBea wrote:Deely, I LOVE my Roomba!!!!!

DH bought it for me for Xmas a couple of years ago and it is the cat's meow. The one he bought me allows me to set what time and what day it goes around the house. I st it to do it's job at the same time everyday. All you have to do is empty the dirt chamber after it is done and clean he wheels every so often.

Not all models have the automatic setting but you don't really need that, all you have to do is hit the start button and it vacuums the entire floor it is set on.
Thanks Bea, That's just what I wanted to hear. I'm working on DH now. ;) Like SSchiffer, I'd like to know how it does in corners and around baseboards.

Deely

Post by Deely » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:10 pm

Teejay wrote:I want one so badly my girlfriend has one and she loves it, it will be on my xmas list (again) for next xmas
Me too TeeJay! I'm a cleaning device junkie...always looking for something that actually does what it claims. DH is a little leery about this one because of the cost. I think I can wear him down though. ;)

Deely

Post by Deely » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:13 pm

59chevymom wrote:I'd love to have one I've seen some really funny UTube vids with cats riding on top of the roomba while the machine is cleaning the floor, way to funny! :lol:
I've seen those too 59chevymom. I'm worried it might put my wimp of a dog right over the edge. :lol:

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:33 am

Deely wrote:
QueenBea wrote:Deely, I LOVE my Roomba!!!!!

Thanks Bea, That's just what I wanted to hear. I'm working on DH now. ;) Like SSchiffer, I'd like to know how it does in corners and around baseboards.
It works great, it has a brush that extends about an inch or so that goes in a circular motion and it picks up anything in the corners or in crevices ;)

Sorry it took so long to reply, I wasn't getting email notifications for this thread.