Pinterest Viral Photo

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

wayne

Pinterest Viral Photo

Post by wayne » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:30 pm

Hi all. I don't come on the boards all that often, but I thought this was something that I wanted to share. A couple of days ago RZ was invited to join a large board on pinterest for recipes. I pinned a photo of Dissie's recipe: Cucumber Tomato Salad onto this large board and in a matter of a day and half this has gotten well over 5000 pins.

How does this work: Well simply, a photo gets pinned onto Pinterest. You can see the Pin button on photos on our site. Someone sees this, and they repin it to a large board. Then others repin that same one. And all those pins can be repinned and all get credit to original.

I really want to encourage our members to do the same. Get invited to pin on some of the large food boards and don't be shy. Pin Recipezazz photos onto those boards. We really do want to get the word out about our fabulous site and you can be a big help.

Thanks!

Recipezazz.com Team

wayne

Re: Pinterest Viral Photo

Post by wayne » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:07 pm

Ok, here is a real world example of how this works. I just took a pin that we posted on Pinterest a while ago, which had 13 pins (been pinned by others 13 times). It is here: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/148196643960742096/

I have now pinned it on a larger board: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/154107618475742041/ and hopefully that will get pinned several times more over the next little while.

This is just an experiment and we shall see how this recipe does. :D

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:59 pm

Thanks for posting my cucumber tomato salad!

I see it there! I love pinterest!

Sue

Post by Sue » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:53 pm

Pinterest has promoted pins available to business accounts. Have you considered doing that?

RZ-Admin
Site Admin

Post by RZ-Admin » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:53 am

Hi Sue. We have a business account on Pinterest but have not yet used promoted pins.

Thanks!

Sue

Post by Sue » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:55 pm

Wayne, have you checked out putting Zazz recipes on Yummly and also having them added to Stumble Upon?
There is a plugin for yummly. Not sure how you would go about the stumbles outside of adding them the way bloggers do. They allow ten per day which is kind of a hassle for a site like this, considering the database. Maybe you could inquire?