~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

MsPia

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by MsPia » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:12 pm

Hello!
Clicks are in.
Hot, tot, hot down here.
Ive been working hard on the garden.
Sadly my bigest tomato plant is infested with spider mites.
Those things are so hard to get rid off.
I should cut the plant and throw it away, but the tomatoes are still green :(
So, I've been cleaning leaf by leaf.
All kitties happy chasing butterflies and dragonflies.
Have a wonderful weekend :D

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:41 am

Clicks are in!

Pia...when we have a plethora of green tomatoes at the end of the season...we pick them and layer them in a box and cover each layer with newspaper loosely and keep in a dark place. They gradually ripen and we have tomatoes throughout the winter. Just a thought as I don't know how far along your tomatoes are. You can also make green tomato relish, I also slice green tomatoes and can them for fried green tomatoes (which by the way is really good) or check this out if you like curry...https://gujaratigirl.wordpress.com/2014 ... ion-curry/. I plan on making this at the end of the growing season. Sounds wonderful. And I have all the ingredients.

How is the learning of the Kindle Fire going Judy?

Wishing you peaceful day! :D

MsPia

Post by MsPia » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:01 am

Clicks are in.

Thanks for the recipes and ideas.
I really like green tomatoes. I use to make a recipe of fried green tomatoes from chef Paul Prudhomme, that was to dye for. (Not very healthy)
It's just that they were my first BIG tomatoes :( . I've only been eating cherry tomatoes. I was so exited to try them...you know they are so delish when they ripe on the plant =(( =(( =((
It's raining today. I'm happy, I needed a day off, haha.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:18 am

your curry has some spices I do not have . I have over 60 so don't plan on purchasing more, interesting but complicated. I am into more simple things now. seems to take me forever to do preparation for dish.

ah my k fire I wish they had more indepth tutorials or books to buy maybe I will go on amazon and check or just wait til feb 12 when Cynthia is coming, she and my brother are coming to coast in winter as air inversions in utah causing breathing problems for my brother and he breaths a lot easier at coast, it does not teach you indepth when you read book it leaves out lots of steps. tells you to put something in certain mode but doesn't explain how to get to the mode in the first place.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:27 am

Clicks are in! :O3

There is a series of Pacific fronts pushing in today. That means high winds (which have already started overnight) and heavy snow for the next 2 days. Temps have risen significantly in the past couple of days to where we are now at -4.6C. Sure glad I got my shopping done on Saturday!

Wishing you a glorious day! :D

MsPia

Post by MsPia » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:59 am

Good morning!
Clicks are in.

Here Judy, a link to free book on how to use your K Fire:
https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fire-Owne ... +tutorials
I just bought it :D

Well it was very windy here last night. I just picked over 50 peaches from the ground.I already have a bag full from yesterday. I have made jam, jelly and chutney...looked into vinegar and wine.
Any suggestions? They are taking over my life!!!

When I lived in Colorado, we always had warmer temperatures before a big snow fall. Time to get cozy Patti ;) ;)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:41 pm

thank you pia, just downloaded, so happy it is free. thank you again it just showed up on fire.

greater good had such a lengthy download time today.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:34 am

I guess now Judy you will be a whiz at using your KF in no time! I wish I had info on how to use my android phone.

Pia...you can also make double crust pies for the freezer. And I have a recipe for an open faced peach pie that has hints of almond...wonderful! My family always requests it. And it is amazing with fresh peaches. You can also make salsa, freeze peach slices for smoothies or make peach butter.

Off to a birthday dinner today. Making 4 cheese scalloped potatoes that the birthday boy & wife love. I have no recipe and use different cheeses each time I make it for them.

Have an amazing day! :D

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:29 am

pattie:: went to your profile and snatched up your pie recipe, love peach pie. it will be a while till I make it as peaches not in season. though may make with canned.

busy, busy, busy. have not had time to look at download yet though will eventually as saved to fire. k fire, I say k fire as it confuses people when I call it its proper name of fire. don't like that any way.

it's raining and is suppose to rain next 6 days, because of that they expect flooding never affects me, hope it is not too stressful on those it does affect.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:43 am

We have been above zero here for a couple of days now and the snow is very soft. And yesterday when we went to the birthday dinner...DH parked on a very slight hill. We went inside and awhile later noticed that it had slid back into another vehicle. No damage...just a wee bit of paint transfer. This warming is so unusual here as Jan & Feb are our coldest months (not any more!)

With the Pineapple Express (warm air in winter) coming through...it is no wonder that there is going to be flooding in low areas! Yikes! And it starts!!! :(

Judy...in winter I make the peach pie with canned peaches and in summer with fresh. Either way it is good.

Wishing you an awesome day! :D