~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Luvcookn

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:30 am

Clicks are in! :O3

How wonderful to share lunch with women! I am sure you had an awesome time meeting Jewel and hope she had a great day with all of you! How could she not?!

Vet appointment went well! Found out that what why Gus is not able to walk...part of his spine in the middle of his back has a few vertibrae that are being pushed together. He gave him a shot of Rheumocam and sent a bottle of the liquid home with me to give him every morning. And he has to be crated for two weeks...only so he can rest and not play until it is better. Later on in the day...Gus was up and walking (albeit slowly) and eating! I am ecstatic!

-21C this morning and lightly snowing. Yesterday in town it was -30C. Town is higher in elevation than we are.

Have a glorious day! :D

MsPia

Post by MsPia » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:47 am

Clicks are in.
So glad puppy is ok :X
And that you made it back from the vet with no problems with all that snow.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:46 am

so glad the rheumocam helped I bet you were worried, pets can become family members and you care greatly for them. Gus is lucky to have you. did the vet say what caused the compression? hope it does not happen again, but if it does you will have an idea of what is happening.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:45 am

Thank you Judy & Pia for asking about Gus! The vet said that this is quite common in small dogs...and Gus is 10 years old too. He also said that it will happen again. But now I am informed and will not be as concerned! Like my daughters...my pooches are my heart! :X

-22C this morning and it is still going down! Brrrrrr!

Wishing you peace and comfort! :D

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:21 am

we've had some cold nights though nothing compared to what you are experiencing. 29f. there are a couple of high fronts grabbing air from canada and alaska and shooting it down to us.

going grocery shopping later today, now doing laundry. hope the sun comes up soon

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:04 pm

I was hoping that your clinic visit was for a check up, so good to know your Gus is going to be okay Patti! Miss Kitty had an office visit on Monday and is holding her own, another shot - so happy the shots are keeping her comfortable. She even managed a purr while being examined, while a touch of rattle still a purr!

Happy to hear you not only had lunch out Judy but got to meet a newcomer to your group! Has that rain stopped before actual flooding happened? Such unusual weather all over this past year. Here it it bitterly cold across the prairies last night with wind chills here well down to over 40 below plus, hear some prairie regions 50 below. Staying indoors as that is nasty cold!

Thinking to Pia's garden and that lovely home of hers.
Ongoing clicking. :)

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:52 am

Hope your shopping trip went well and you stayed warm Judy! ;)

When I lived on the prairies...I remember the bitter winters! Not fun at all! With global warming...since moving here 25 years ago...the winter temps have risen substantially. From -40C then to -25C now. Still nothing like the praires! Like Gerry...I think of Pia and her hot summer days and beauteous garden! And oh...the hammock!!!!! :lol:

While Gus' body is healing...his spirit is not...yet! But I know in time it will come back!

Have a marvellous day! :D

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:16 am

no it rained flood stage was 21 and it hit 23 a couple of days ago. but since river is lower than town only town boundries but few places on outskirts of town flood. a few probably main town never floods as river too low except at park and it floods to entrance. but doesn't harm anyone there.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:24 am

As our temps rise Judy...I am sure yours will too! But with that comes snow for us and the possibility of flooding in low areas for you. Not a fun time of year. I am guessing...but below freezing temps for your area does not happen too often.

Off to do a wee bit of shopping and going to a friends home for lunch today. Will be nice to have some time to socialize! Do not get to do that very often.

Hope you have a cozy weekend! :D

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:16 am

clicking in.... :D

your right my part of country pretty temperate. we have not had record cold and snow Portland has had :shock:

hope everyone has a nice weekend. :)