~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

muffinlady

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by muffinlady » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:30 am

Sounds like you are both great moms to your animals. Washing must go.time is up.

MsPia

Post by MsPia » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:14 pm

Clicks are in.

Judy I'm happy your Kindle is working just fine with Zazz. :D

Oh Gerry, Poor Ms Kitty and poor you. I hope she recovers soon. But is wonderful it was just a cyst.

I had an offer on my house. A little to low, so I'm calling in a few minutes to tell them "Thank you for the offer but...."
I really hope they can stretch a little more. I'm so anxious!

Patty I need to save you some of my "sweet potato squash" seeds. They are so deliciously sweet!

My pasta with zucchini and mussels was ok. I need to play around with it a little before posting. It did look good.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:32 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Pia...I don't think I have heard of or seen sweet potato squash! I would love to grow them! Thank you! Your photo is stunning! Beauteous colours and textures! I have never eaten mussels...but I did buy some frozen ones...and they are still frozen. :lol: I am fussy about some shellfish...I know...I will get over it someday. :lol:

Hope you find a buyer for your home quickly Pia!! And you can get back to your daughter! ;)

Have a happy day! :D

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:12 pm

I had never head is sweet potato squash other a new one for me also.

Made Carmel corn & gogo garlic spread yesterday spaghetti sauce in low cooker will boil noodles & make salad & garlic bread later a easy meal.

MsPia

Post by MsPia » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:27 pm

Good morning.
Clicks are in.
I do not know the name in English for the squash, so I translated literally.
In Spanish is call "Calabaza Batata". Calabaza means Butternut Squash. And Batata means Sweet Potato.
So it is really a type of butternut squash.
When it starts growing, looks just like a zucchini (I posted the picture a while back). Then it looks like a short butternut but it is green and stripped. And when it fully matures, it's orange. The inside is also orange but darker than normal butternut...maybe a hit of red. So sweet. I just cut them in half and roast them. Do not add anything to them. Eat them plain, no salt, no butter, no oil, nothing.
I've been mixing it inside my polenta and it makes it sweet and creamy. YUMMM!!

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:39 am

Happy Earth Day!

I so remember the photos of your squash Pia! :D I love food that there is no need to embelish!! The more natural the better!

How was your dinner last night with the missionaries Judy? I bet everything was gobbled right up.

Going to try (if the weather co-operates that is) and get outside to clean up the garden beds and get my hands dirty!

Wishing you a wonderful Earth Day! :D

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:28 pm

Dinner went off pretty good. They must have loved it, they did not talk while eating except to answer questions. So quiet as they gobbled down every thing.and they kept eating Carmel corn

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:29 am

It is always a sign of a wonderful meal when there is silence at the table! I bet they look forward to home cooked meals after being on a mission.

All of our garlic is up. It started coming up through the snow. We have a sunny morning today...hopefully it will remain.

Wishing you an awesome day! :D

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:19 am

Clicks in. Have a wonderfull day

MsPia

Post by MsPia » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:06 am

Clicks re in.
Busy weekend. :-O