~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Luvcookn

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:56 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Understand how summer is easier for people to get around when they are not well. It can be quite a chore just to get ready in winter. Looks like spring will be coming sooner than normal and she will be able to go to temple soon! Will keep Pam in my prayers.

Muna!!! How exciting to be able to watch and help her have her babies! I know how daunting it is to have a litter of newborns...but I am sure you will be able to find homes for them! You can post photos of the kittens for adoption on Facebook in your area...or find a no-kill rescue that will take them in if all else fails. And who knows...you may become "The Cat Lady"!!! :lol:

So took my warped loom to the weaving guild yesterday...and this is how it went: arrived and took my things down to the room and went back up to help a friend (who is healing from neck surgery) carry her large table loom downstairs. She proceeded to take my things into the room and dropped my loom and all the warping came out. I stood there bugged eyed!!! It took me over two hours to warp it! Egads! She was mortified but eased her angst by saying it's ok...I can fix it. Got it fixed and proceeded to learn how to "sumac" the edge. Started to weave and then I noticed something was not right. My friend said that she gave me the wrong instruction...so pulled it all out and I am right back at square one! :lol: A very productive day...NOT! :lol:

On that note...have a wonderous day! :D

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:56 am

yesterday went to the Coos Bay Historic Museum as none of my group empty nesters have ever been, interesting the one time but now I have seen it. wonder if it ever changes. they have exhibits on tide water, overland, beach front. some tools used in days gone by. I'm not an empty nester as never had children but they still accept me.

READing interesting book. the forest at the edge of the world by trish mercer. think when done will see it she has written any other e-books.

pattie sorry you had such a time with your spinning. Pia I know you will love the kittens after mona has them.

MsPia

Post by MsPia » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:27 pm

Hello, Clicks are in.

Judy, your book has very good reviews on Amazon and Goodreads :D
I checked on Amazon and that is the first book of a series of 4.
The other three are free at the moment. If I were you I would go to Amazon and buy them all before it changes.

Patti, what a day!!! Did you go home and had a Martini after that??? ;)

About the kittens...I'm thrilled and I have not doubt I will eventually become "The Cat Lady". LOL :lol:
It's just such a bad moment...trying to sell the house, move and leave the country...
But I'm sure it will be easy to find them a home. Muna is very pretty and so is the dad. And kittens are adorable!!!

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:59 pm

thank you Pia that is good advice, I downloaded 4 of e-books. the fifth has a small charge so downloaded that too. am almost done with #1 it is engaging, I want to keep reading the series.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:49 am

Judy...I love it when you can find an author and want to keep reading anything they write! I have several favourite authors too and a big library of their works.

Pia...by the time I drove the hour drive home...I was calm and resigned myself that it was a great learning experience!! I am hoping that Tomas is well on his way to recovery??!!

I made a large batch of veggie broth in January and froze it. This morning I am canning it. I make all my broths and stocks in January.

Have a sensational Sunday! :D

MsPia

Post by MsPia » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:30 pm

Clicks are in.

You are so organized Patti. :D

Yes, it is so nice to find a good author.
I'm in love with Sara Alexi, right now. She has a great Greek series.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:42 am

I love reading...but somedays I just do not find the time to fit it in. So...Pia...is the Greek series a contemporary read or is it historical? One of my most favvy authors is South African writer Wilbur Smith. He writes a series about ancient Egypt and also books of contemporary Africa.

Wishing you a glorious day! :D

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:22 am

clicks anonymous, all clicks in. only do half on greater good, I get frustrated on how the cite jumps around so much.

going grocery shopping later, must see if I can get some of youth to input into computer a mans genealogy. apparantly it is a huge stack of papers. and will take long time to input.

MsPia

Post by MsPia » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:14 pm

Clicks are in.

The Greek series is contemporary. I love that the author is my age and writes about people around my age.
I didn't know Wilbur Smith was South African. I read some of his books YEARS ago.But I do not remember which ones. Probably around 20 years ago.

Judy, you have lots of work to do. Good luck!

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:36 am

Sure hope you manage to get some help with inputting the geneology Judy! Hope it is not too daunting!

Thanks for the info Pia! Looked on Amazon and they have quite a lot of books by her. Will check out if our wee library carries any of her books. Looking for another wonderful author to get attached to... :lol:

Temps have dropped yet again. It was so strange yesterday...bright sunny skies and it was snowing to beat the band!! Went on for most of the afternoon. Mind bending. :o

Wishing you a cozy happy day! :D