~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Luvcookn

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:02 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Hooray for Tomas!! :-BD A squash tree... :lol: That must be something to see! I have never known anyone besides you that has grown okra! I gained my love for it when way back in 1987...when I visited family in Georgia.

No more snow...and now we are sitting above zero celius. I am going spinning this morning and am worried about the road conditions. Last spring breakup I was rounding a corner and ended up doing 2 360's and ending up with the back end of the vehicle over the edge of the precipice. Definitely not a fun time.

Have a fabulous day! :D

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:24 am

he was serving his mission for 2 years in the Philippines.

never really had okra, heard it was good if cooked right otherwise a slimy mess, never wanted that to happen and since never made a possibility :mrgreen:

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:41 am

There is a fine line between good okra & not so good okra! I don't think there is another veggie that is as tempermental.

Missionaries sure have great committment to stay for 2 years in a foreign country doing God's work!!

Wishing you a marvellous day! :D

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:59 pm

from what I hear, the missionaries are called to 18 month missions but they end up loving the people so much they request a longer stay. I guess there service triggers a love response.

:YMHUG: :X

MsPia

Post by MsPia » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:03 pm

I only had okra on http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/seven- ... umbo-14038 and it was great. I have never try it any other way.
Judy do you go on missions?
Many times when I take the train downtown I see American missionaries from your church. They stand out because they are so blond and tidy :D I guess there is a temple not to far away from home.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:49 am

Judy...Love is why we are here! So for the missionaries to be called by God for extra time in an area is just what must be done to bring people together in love...imho.

Oh Pia...you are so fortunate not to have had badly cooked okra...it is nasty. ICH!

Soooo...today I am teaching myself the art of weaving! :shock: I have warped the loom and DH made me my tools from rosewood and oak. They are beauteous! Will post a photo of what I have done over the weekend. (NOTE: gave myself time to get it right.... :lol: )

Wishing you an awesome day! :D

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:42 pm

i've never been on a mission. some youth and some senior married and senior, retired singles go on mission. I have not

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:30 am

Clicks are in! :D

Did you see on Freekibble yesterday the dog with a kiss mark on his head? I thought that was just too cute.

Hope you have a glorious day!

MsPia

Post by MsPia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:44 am

Good morning.
Clicks are in.
I missed clicking yesterday :? Did not see the dog with a kiss. But I saw lots of cats with heart shape marks :D
Talking about cats...Did I tell you that Muna is pregnant??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
I was able to find someone to adopt my mum's cat...I was so happy.
Now who knows how many more I will have.
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!
She is due March 10 or 12.

Weaving? That sound like a ton of fun! I can't wait to see your project.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:25 pm

clicks in, did not see dog with kiss mark as usually click away in a hurry

going to temple tomorrow, maybe more often than not pam feels bad and can't make it. though a little inconvenient for me a major problem for her. seems winter months hard on her. she feels better in summer