Sliding the Slippery Slope-->-->downhill

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Sue

Sliding the Slippery Slope-->-->downhill

Post by Sue » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:04 pm

http://www.pizzahut.com/assets/sliders/index.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:
They have gone too far. And why only nine for $10? What happened to the other one? :shock:
Another good reason to make your own pizza at home. 8-)

Chocolatl

Re: Sliding the Slippery Slope-->-->downhill

Post by Chocolatl » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:59 pm

As far as I'm concerned, it's not a "slider" unless it's one of those steam-grilled things from White Castle. Real burgers, no matter how small, don't qualify--and neither, for heaven's sake, does pizza!

Not that I'm sure I'd call what that place serves "pizza" anyway! :lol:

Sue

Post by Sue » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:12 pm

Behold the Holy Slyder

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Actually, those mini pizzas were really good. We decided to try them out recently and were pleasantly surprised. Each was about the size of a very small personal pizza. I think 1-2 max plus a small salad would make a nice small lunch. They heated up really well the next day in the toaster oven.

I liked them because they tasted good, and they let us put different toppings on 3 sets of the pizzas. So I could get what i wanted on mine, BF and DD also could get what they wanted, all totally different toppings, no toppings bleeding into the slice beside it. It was just the right amount for us and we didn't feel like we got ripped off or anything.

We were expecting much smaller sized mini pizza, but they were quite a lot bigger each than I had expected.

Deepster

Post by Deepster » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:20 pm

I live in, well just outside of a college town, and I think the 9/$10 is just marketing strategy. A $10 bill in a college kids pocket, and a deal like this, and the kid feels "rich"....and heck 3 people can eat for one bill. I know that you or I, and many others, have passed that kind of thinking, but I believe that most college kids are not going to think past the extra buck gimmick. It won't even occur to them that 1 or 2 would be "great with a salad". My sister had 3 kids in college at the same time, and I swear that from high school, right thru college, they ate NOTHING but Hot Pockets!....Astonishing!

We have a Pizza Hut in town, near the college. I think this will be a hit! I'm glad that you gave a pretty decent review of the "product", and I might even at some point be inclined to give them a try. Sounds like they have done some marketing homework. Like you said, everybody can "get the pizza I want".

MakeItGood

Post by MakeItGood » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:39 pm

Sue wrote:http://www.pizzahut.com/assets/sliders/index.html

They have gone too far. And why only nine for $10? What happened to the other one? :shock:
Another good reason to make your own pizza at home. 8-)

Sue

Post by Sue » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:34 pm

They do have a $10 marketing strategy- I thought they still had the "any pizza, any size for $10" thing still going. Those nine "pizza-ettes" don't look like they add up to a large with everything.

Deepster

Post by Deepster » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:08 pm

I agree, Sue. But some high paid market strategist has "sold" the company on this, and they believe it will work, or they wouldn't be trying it. Like I mentioned before, I might even be willing to give it a shot. I live alone, and even to me 9 minis just doesn't seem to be quite as intimidating as a whole large pizza to me. Just the wrapping and freezing of a few of them seems more appealing to me than having these huge slices languising around in the fridge, and probably getting tossed. Of course, I have the knowledge granted by the grace of my age and experience to realize what it is they are up too. I think for many, 9/$10 would create an "impulse urge". Of course, I also have a marketing background....LOL!

Chocolatl

Post by Chocolatl » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:37 pm

These have way too much crust for me, anyway.