What's Up Today

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Bergy

Re: What's Up Today

Post by Bergy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:25 pm

I have to start from stratch with my herbs this year I had them all on my patio in pots and running over to the workshop to keep the over the Winter was too much for me - I am getting a bit long in the tooth!

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:21 pm

Good thing they have lovely potted herbs at the nurseries Bergy! Last year using a couple of regular heaters on occasion made for a whopping bill, a recommend this year is surprisingly in the very affordable range. Remains to be seen as to how it will go doing steps this winter to get to the watering!

Just found an update re the baby watch. "3/29 Late Morning Update

"We apologize for the late update but it is for good reason. We will not confirm active labor, but we do have discharge that would suggest the count down to calf has begun! Mammary development is on point and picture is in comments. We will keep everyone posted throughout the day with developments. Our team and Vet are on standby. We could be hours away or days - so do not stop your day - but certainly don't stop watching!"

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:28 pm

watching 4 sure

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:11 am

anyone want some cat stew? My wife's cat sat on my nice tomato plants and bent the to the point of breaking!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:34 am

Oh Dear! Much as we love our cats there are times!!!!!! I think he/she was telling you Lee it is too early to start them :D :D :D :D :D

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:39 pm

If they just need pinching you will end up with the bushiest tomato plants ever Lee, if not guess it will be back to reseeding. Was she vying for a spot in your sunny window? I put a clear lined container in one of my windows which my Miss Kitty loves - that sees my study window safe for a plant or two!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:54 pm

I just saw that half of my tulip bed has been eaten by???? They stopped when they were getting too close to the house .

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:26 pm

Bergy wrote:Oh Dear! Much as we love our cats there are times!!!!!! I think he/she was telling you Lee it is too early to start them :D :D :D :D :D
Nope started them late this year, normally start thwm 2nd week of Feb. ;)

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:27 pm

Gerry wrote:If they just need pinching you will end up with the bushiest tomato plants ever Lee, if not guess it will be back to reseeding. Was she vying for a spot in your sunny window? I put a clear lined container in one of my windows which my Miss Kitty loves - that sees my study window safe for a plant or two!
Beyond pinching Gerry they are flat, she must have slept on them last night. :(

ImPat

Post by ImPat » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:16 am

One persons solution that I know of to stop kitty's smothering plants was to put them in the bathroom window sill and in some cases depending on plant they thrived in the slight humid conditions that bathrooms provide but just kept the door locked so kitty could not get in and it worked for them.

Pat