What's Up Today

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Sue

Re: What's Up Today

Post by Sue » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm

Shadows1 wrote:Had to throw the wool blankets on the bed the other nite! Looks like fall is here to stay.
We are getting a few more hot days, will probably be headed your way. 83-85 on Saturday. Maybe it will miss your area.
We'd had a few cool days early on, but it's hard to keep the a/c off right now with so much humidity moving through.

Sue

Post by Sue » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:16 pm

Gerry wrote:Hi Sue, good to see you drop in. Much as with you here far too much happening in the past year and a half. Seem to be playing a never ending game of catch up.
Although I went through my cookbooks about a year or so ago I need to break it down to the keepers. Days my hip and back resent activity have seen me go through the many computer desk drawers. Cut hanging folders and filed. Now can put my finger on my ‘recipes to make, to review, to post, keepers, library, potluck forum and all pertaining to my online faourites. As you can see a major sort! Great to have it all neatly labled and sorted.
Love your Blog Sue, which I am sure takes a geat deal of time and effort. One of the folders in my drawer sees to more of your recipes that I plan to make. One day I hope to stay on top of it all! Be sure to stay in touch!
That blog keeps me hopping. Plus I am moving forward with a baking group since the cookie jar group is shutting its doors as the blogger doing admin is closing her blog down.
I can't possibly do more than one recipe per day, and less if my neck hurts me. I have a backlog of content. I wish those would all fit into the slots for themes, but many times they don't. So being ahead of the game often times is not.
I'm way behind on my indexing, which I have to do manually, plus I have a ton of images to move to the host site before the photobucket headache gets even bigger. I haven't used them in a long time, but they still host a bunch on my site and I need to get those off before they break the links.
I'm glad to hear the RZ is doing well and will upgrade. I have a friend who runs yumgoggle- she gave up that site, had health issues and is scaling back to just running an etsy shop for blog props, but good news is she will be blogging again.
I heard another blogger bought that site and all their SM--but not sure who just yet.
I'm looking forward to cooler weather and the Sauerkraut festival is coming up on Canadian Thanksgiving day- they are always the same. Makes it easy for me to remember when the holiday is.

ellie

Post by ellie » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Sauerkraut festival sounds interesting!

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Lit the wood stove for the 1st time this season last night. Went into the mid 30's F last night. That heat sure felt good! :ugeek:

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:44 pm

This whole site has been scary quiet !
Where is every one??? :ugeek:

ImPat

Post by ImPat » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:59 pm

Shadows I had the same thoughts on Saturday and Sunday (though was out for most of Sunday) but now nearly 7.00am Monday here and there has been some activity.

Pat

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:25 pm

Having such a small window of time for outdoor gardening I have been super busy trying to see to the outdoor necessities before we see to winter set in. Have all the essentials done but would love to see a few more days to get to some extras.

Our mornings are chilly some days downright cold, been down to minus 10 but still see to warming some days in the afternoon. On the plus side for the first time in two years have my little greenhouse ready for spring. That hip replacement has seen me come a long way yet always playing catchup, once that snow falls I will see to more computer time as no way am I chancing falling out there this winter. I plan on being a bionic super woman come spring gardening time. Soon more time in the kitchen, more computer time and back to more reading time!
What is everyone else doing? :)

ellie

Post by ellie » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:19 am

It's gotten a bit cooler here, but still in the 60s or 70s in the afternoons. Cutting back vines and trying to get ready for winter, but in our case not much needs to be done. Trying to finish up a sampler (embroidery) before Christmas!

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:46 am

We have seen to a whiff of snowy sleet here but yesterday saw to waking to a blanket of snow needing a snow shovel and a broom. Moved a bit of it, this morning made arrangements to have that taken care of seeing as I want to be back up and running come spring! Not wanting to do a surgery repeat. Way to easy to slip on ice and snow! This morning transplanted a few pots of rooted Christmas cactus, slipped from a huge gifted pot that goes back to my grandma's original plant! She lived to be over a hundred and involved right to the end! The potted plant was carefully moved this summer and seems to be loving it's new home. Hoping it blooms as it did for my grandma!

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:39 pm

Good luck with your plant Gerry!
Got an email from the site we don't mention here. Has a new name when did that happen?