What's Up Today

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

QueenBea

Re: What's Up Today

Post by QueenBea » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:11 pm

It has been to cold here to plant anything outdoors yet. I had all my herbs ready to go in the ground and they froze overnight. Dead, all of them, crappy!!!!

I will wait another week or 2 and go to the greenhouse and buy some pre-planted :roll:

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:19 pm

Really weird weather. The peas are up, beans starting to show thier heads and the tomayo plants look healthy. We have had 3 very cool rainy day but are heading back into sunshine,
Flooding still a serious proplemvhere in the whole Okangan Valley. I am safe where we are.

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:30 pm

Bergy wrote:Really weird weather. The peas are up, beans starting to show thier heads and the tomayo plants look healthy. We have had 3 very cool rainy day but are heading back into sunshine,
Flooding still a serious proplemvhere in the whole Okangan Valley. I am safe where we are.
I'm glad your safe, scary stuff :shock:

ImPat

Post by ImPat » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:11 pm

Just had an hour of relaxation and reading the Saturday newspaper after saying good bye to the DH who is heading for Alice Springs to support his brother along with their parents as the BIL participates in the 2 day Finks Desert Race on his motorbike which he recons will be able to do 185K per hour over the desert sands though a broken rib may hinder him a bit (he did it about 6 weeks ago). So I am going to have 2 to 3 weeks to my self and I plan to cook up a bit of a storm and go to a few restaurants to try stuff that I know the DH would not want to eat or cannot eat because of tolerance issues.

Pat

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:45 pm

Enjoy the time to yourself Pat. As much as enjoy my old fart being around it is still nice to get some alone time to do whatever the heck I want. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ImPat

Post by ImPat » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:20 am

I must admit with the exception of the occasional weekend and the Avon Descent weekends and when he worked up at the mines on a 2 week on 2 week off for about 3 months we have always gone on holidays at least together but in this case I said no as with the mobility issues I have since I had spinal surgery in 2015 and then the diagnosis of ovarian cancer last year and the hysterectomy I knew I could not take the long travelling in the car or being able to sleep on a stretcher bed as I cannot access the main bed (queen size) which requires climbing a ladder and as is I need to be able to get up and walk around every 1/2 hour or I end up in major pain and more prone to falling and I wanted him to be able to do all he wanted to do a cross a few things off his bucket list but hopefully give it a couple of years of hydrotherapy and we may be in a position to do travel again.

Pat

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:01 pm

Pat I hope you can get back to full mobility againeven if it takes some time. Meanwhile do enjoy what you can. I think it's great that you aren't begrudging your DH his fun! You Go Go to those retaurants & meals you will love.

ImPat

Post by ImPat » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:40 pm

With input from my surgeon and physio it will be a 2 to 3 years time span and even then the surgeon thinks I will get 85% to 90% back to where I was or should be but that is fine by me it is still heaps better than where I am at the moment and while he is away I have a personal alarm button which will alert the one lot of neighbours and they have keys but some friends and the DD and they can then talk to me through the device and I can give them instructions such as call an ambulance if needed or that I just need some assistance more so if I have had a fall as my balance is one of my biggest problems.

Pat

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:54 pm

Those alert thingamabobs are truly a life saver so glad to hear you have one
Anyone living alone should have one.

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:28 am

Every time I think it is safe to use the smoker ot grill this damned rain comes back!