What's Up Today

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Shadows1

Re: What's Up Today

Post by Shadows1 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:55 pm

They are home and safe,, back to work and all that crap! Electric was off for 2 days so they did not have it as bad as some, no damage to her home either. Thanks for asking Gerry.

ImPat

Post by ImPat » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:45 pm

Glad to hear they are safe and sound and all is right.

Pat

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:04 pm

That is such positive news Shadows, so good to hear your daughter is fine. The terrible storms, hurricanes and earthquakes, watching the news can be likened to a nightmare. Add news around the world makes it more so. Good to hear happy!

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:02 pm

All I can say is stay prepared!

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:19 pm

I know Shadows, not sure I want to see tonight's news channels.

Sue

Post by Sue » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:45 pm

How has everyone been?
It's been a rough year for me. My last surviving brother passed away, leaving just me and Dad now. He has buried 5 of his 6 children and his wife. I'm all that's left.
Health issues continue to aggravate me with degenerative disk disease. Sometimes it eases up but my neck has been hurting night and day for a couple of weeks, enough to give me headaches.
I've been busy on the blog- got a few nice paychecks here and there. Of course it sucks a lot of time, way more than just posting a recipe.
I've been organizing some of my cookbook collection, which is massive. I got three more bookcases up for them and still breaking out of the confines. I moved about a hundred out of the stacks that I definitely want to sell. I need to get my online store back open. (I sometimes sell used cookbooks)- not that the market is huge for that anymore. It' mostly recycles what I am finished with more than being an income source.
I enjoyed the summer- and weather has been really hot here with temps running about 15F over normal and very humid. That is supposed to break tomorrow. I hope so, I'd like to get out to the parks and enjoy any fall color as well as go apple picking.
What have you guys been up to?

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi Sue, good to see you drop in. Much as with you here far too much happening in the past year and a half. Seem to be playing a never ending game of catch up.
Although I went through my cookbooks about a year or so ago I need to break it down to the keepers. Days my hip and back resent activity have seen me go through the many computer desk drawers. Cut hanging folders and filed. Now can put my finger on my ‘recipes to make, to review, to post, keepers, library, potluck forum and all pertaining to my online faourites. As you can see a major sort! Great to have it all neatly labled and sorted.
Love your Blog Sue, which I am sure takes a geat deal of time and effort. One of the folders in my drawer sees to more of your recipes that I plan to make. One day I hope to stay on top of it all! Be sure to stay in touch!

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:41 am

Had to throw the wool blankets on the bed the other nite! Looks like fall is here to stay.

ImPat

Post by ImPat » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:30 pm

We are supposed to be in spring time but seems more like winter has revisited us with wet and really cold weather, DH is on night shift and has taken to putting his side of the electric blanket on because he thinks it is so cold as he won't have the heat from the air con in the room when he sleeps during the day but I want it on to keep warm and it is on low and I wear a light cardigan and feel just right and he is under a mountain of blankets and the electric blanket on to boot. As a matter of fact it has been colder in the last week than it was at any time during winter.

Pat

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:14 pm

Last load of wood for this year was just delivered!