What's Up Today

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

ImPat

Re: What's Up Today

Post by ImPat » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:18 pm

For those celebrating thanks giving have a great day with family and friends.

Pat

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:15 pm

Had our first inch or above snow last night, the wind has all but blown it away!
Hope everyone is prepared for the holidays.

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:59 pm

BRrrrrrr. We had 2 feet of snow on the 2 Nov - it all went away and now we are expecting snow flurries on Friday . I hope they mean flurries not a blizzard.

It's nice to have snow for Christmas but not too much to make driving is a hazard.

Getting there for Christmas, decorating almost all done, making up the menus for Christmas Eve, Christmas dinner, New Years dinner plus the midnight snack.

Hope you are getting there too Lee. Are you having the family over, staying home or going to them?

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:00 pm

Going to one of my kids homes. One son and family traveling to CA to visit wife's brother so we will be getting together early for food and gift exchange.

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:08 pm

Lee I hope the weather co-operates for your travel.

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:10 pm

Thanks Bergy, only going about 10 miles so we should be good.

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:05 pm

We had a tiny skiff of snow so out I went & got a lot of shopping done- Snow expected on Sunday.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:24 am

Have to love having family living nearby for the holidays Shadows. Are you making that awesome smoked ham of yours over the holidays?

We are having an amazing winter here on the prairies Bergy, so far! The temperature started dipping, this morning sees at us at -19 but we still have clear sidewalks with most of the ice melted as well. I don't expect that to last long.

Yesterday saw to a fifteen hour day but the butter tarts are done, the cheesecakes are in the freezer along with a number of family favs and now to the tidy. So plan on having Christmas Eve and Christmas day all in order this year with all the tidy and prep done and enjoy the simmering the chowders and watch the turkey baking!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:23 am

Shopping just about all done except last minutes cold cuts for our Scandinavian Christmas Eve. Mincemeat Tarts are made. This is the only thing I make now - I buy everything else from local wonderful bakers. This year I missed out on the special Church sale of all the wonderful cookies & cakes that you can imagine. I was tied up the day of their sale. Only a few years ago I would spend days, like most of you do now, making at least 8 different Christmas cookies etc and then make up gift boxes for some our friends. Now I am too lazy and all but 3 of those friends have passed on so I take the easy way out. There is some rust on our Golden years.
Our weather forecast for Christmas Day is cold. but sunny! Yippee
I better check my "to do" list and be sure to stay on schedule. Back later.

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:44 pm

[quote="Gerry"]Have to love having family living nearby for the holidays Shadows. Are you making that awesome smoked ham of yours over the holidays?

Maybe for the New Year Gerry. :ugeek: