What are you all baking? Anything good?

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

HotPepperRosemary

Re: What are you all baking? Anything good?

Post by HotPepperRosemary » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:05 pm

crazyndncook wrote:racrgal, I am moving in with you, we have had snow the past 2 days. What is with this, we haven't gotten snow in October since I was a kid.

All this talk of pumpkin I finally got around to making a Pumpkin Apple Bread recipe I printed out years ago from zaar. Was awesome and was a good snack for after my workout last night.
Sounds lovely!!! :D Snow has arrived way too soon!!! I haven't even taken out any warm clothes yet! Yikes!!!! :?

HotPepperRosemary

Post by HotPepperRosemary » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:09 pm

HotPepperRosemary wrote:Okay....I finally made that Spiced Rum Pumpkin Bundt cake....well....I tried to take it out of the bundt pan too early...was in a hurry and part of it stayed in the pan and I tried to patch it up and let me tell all of you!!!! It was a disaster!!!! The glaze was delicious and I didn't bring it to the relatives....Too embarrassing, to say the least. Kevin has been eating away at the sad looking thing and says that it is delicious! :o
Anyway...right now I am making baked sliced apples to go with the baked stuffed pork chops for tonight. Fingers and toes crossed there are no more casualties!!! :?
Also serving parsley buttered red potatoes from our garden. My MIL is making another veggie dish.
My goodness...I cook and bake all the time and I must be really stressed out cuz that cake was a bomb!!!! :roll:
I need hugs everyone!!!!! My goodness!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Any hugs out there for a very needy Jelly? :(

elsie

Post by elsie » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:02 pm

Hugs, Jelly!! :D

HotPepperRosemary

Post by HotPepperRosemary » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Thank you Elsie!!!! I love you!!!! That was a very nice hug!!!! I am huge on the benefits of a nice big hug!
Today is a better day. I am making Lasagna for everyone! And a nice big loaf of homemade bread too!!!! A nice big loaf of Italian bread! 8-) A big salad with Romaine and Tomatoes as well...yum! I am making a tiny gf Lasagna for me! ;)
Last nights dinner was a great success and I was soooooo relieved!
My stuffed pork chops must have tasted good cuz they all ate every bit! :lol:
The baked apple slices sure went well with the pork. All my own recipes.
So I am recuperating from the fiasco of the Spiced Pumpkin Bundt Cake! :roll:
So? Anyone baking anything today?
You all give me the very best ideas! :D

elsie

Post by elsie » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Glad today is better for you, Jelly. Everbody needs a hug once in a while! :D We must be cut from the same cloth, jelly, lol! When I make lasagna, I make a big loaf of Italian bread and a salad too...all washed down with a nice glass of wine! :D We love stuffed pork chops stuffed with an apple dressing. I must make those soon!

I'm not baking anything sweet today but yesterday I made apple dumplings served with warm caramel sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I am making a chicken and rice casserole tonight for supper.

Galley_Wench

Post by Galley_Wench » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Went to the local farmers market on Saturday and had an incredible Caramel Pecan Bar, so started the search to duplicate. Think I've found it . . . need to post the recipe!

HotPepperRosemary

Post by HotPepperRosemary » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:54 pm

Elsie wrote:Glad today is better for you, Jelly. Everbody needs a hug once in a while! :D We must be cut from the same cloth, jelly, lol! When I make lasagna, I make a big loaf of Italian bread and a salad too...all washed down with a nice glass of wine! :D We love stuffed pork chops stuffed with an apple dressing. I must make those soon!

I'm not baking anything sweet today but yesterday I made apple dumplings served with warm caramel sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I am making a chicken and rice casserole tonight for supper.
Hi Elsie! Apple Dumplings with caramel sauce and ice cream sounds delicious! :D
Chicken and Rice casserole is a favorite around here too! Yum!
Everything is going along and no one is here right now so I have peace and quiet! Yay! :lol:
They all went shopping!!!! Company is fun...but they are a lot of work too! ;)

HotPepperRosemary

Post by HotPepperRosemary » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:55 pm

Galley_Wench wrote:Went to the local farmers market on Saturday and had an incredible Caramel Pecan Bar, so started the search to duplicate. Think I've found it . . . need to post the recipe!
Dont you just love experimenting! Let us know if it is a keeper!!!! 8-)

Galley_Wench

Post by Galley_Wench » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:13 pm

I think it's a keeper . . . my sweet/chocolate loving neighbor gives it two thumbs up. Will have to post it!

Galley_Wench

Post by Galley_Wench » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:26 pm

Galley_Wench wrote:I think it's a keeper . . . my sweet/chocolate loving neighbor gives it two thumbs up. Will have to post it!
Here's the recipe!
http://www.recipezazz.com/node/39657