Main Ingredient Category

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

KittenCal

Main Ingredient Category

Post by KittenCal » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:40 am

Guys, please make sure to place your recipe properly in the main ingredient category, we have had chicken recipes categorized under dairy, spices, flour.. all kinds of things! Chicken recipes should be categorized chicken. Please choose up to and ONLY three and only if applicable for the main category, some members are choosing 5 or 6 :shock:

As stated on top of the Main Category selection ......
Please select the main categories for your recipe - up to a maximum of three each if applicable

We have had to go in and edit many recipes to proper category creating an increased work load.

thanks guys! ;)

Bergy

Re: Categorizing Your Recipes....

Post by Bergy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Thanks Carol I noticed there were some slightly weird recipes for breakfast too. So I think it goes beyond just the category. Mind you we all may eat different things for any meal

Laury

Post by Laury » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:43 pm

When we notice recipes which are going into strange categories should we say or do anything. Since I work on tag game archives, I do notice things that are not right. I am not discussing minor things. I am asking about when they have chosen a category because of a variation to the recipe.

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:30 pm

the only real concern we have is for the Main Category ...example for a chicken recipe the main choice should be chicken, if it marinated in yogurt it should not be under dairy when people click onto Dairy in the Advanced search they are not looking for chicken recipes! ....also, try to keep your main choices to one (if possible) guys

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:38 pm

Bergy wrote:Thanks Carol I noticed there were some slightly weird recipes for breakfast too. So I think it goes beyond just the category. Mind you we all may eat different things for any meal

well yes that depends on what the poster decides on Bergy if he/she chooses that category then it's left there, our concern is the Main Category

LindasBusyKitchen

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:49 pm

Thanks Kit.. I will limit mine to one from now on.

MimiMaine

Post by MimiMaine » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:32 pm

I think that I'm to blame here. I didn't understand it all, I guess. At least that is what I will blame it on :D . I will do differently next time. I think I made a boo boo today. Sorry. Will be careful in the future.

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:46 pm

Mimi_Maine wrote:I think that I'm to blame here. I didn't understand it all, I guess. At least that is what I will blame it on :D . I will do differently next time. I think I made a boo boo today. Sorry. Will be careful in the future.

Court no one is to blame here, we are just trying to alert recipe posters on how to catagorize main ingredient..example..if chicken is breaded with flour it goes under chicken only not breading or flour...another example.. if it's a baked chicken recipe using olives it still only goes under chicken, not olives also lol!

Going into each submitted recipe to proper catagorize creates more work load.. we now hope everyone understands how to main catagorize ;)

Felix4067

Re: Main Ingredient Category

Post by Felix4067 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:33 pm

So here's a question. For those of us who didn't get it and now have recipes in need of editing for category...is it less work for you if we do it ourselves, or do edits have to be approved by you as well, making it about equal? I'm more than willing to look at all of mine to make sure I wasn't boneheaded at the beginning. :lol:

KittenCal

Re: Main Ingredient Category

Post by KittenCal » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:36 pm

Felix4067 wrote:So here's a question. For those of us who didn't get it and now have recipes in need of editing for category...is it less work for you if we do it ourselves, or do edits have to be approved by you as well, making it about equal? I'm more than willing to look at all of mine to make sure I wasn't boneheaded at the beginning. :lol:

not a problem they can stay as is Felix, most of them have already been placed under proper category ;)