The Weather Outside Your Window...

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Engrossed

Re: The Weather Outside Your Window...

Post by Engrossed » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:33 pm

Felix4067 wrote:
Engrossed wrote: :shock: Holy Cow! It just hit 98F here today! Too hot for April...I'm staying inside.
I'll trade you your 98F for my 50F with rain and a hard freeze predicted AGAIN for tonight! :D
In a minute! I will probably stay inside either way but love the sound of rain and using the heater vs. the A/C. :D

Engrossed

Post by Engrossed » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:36 pm

racrgal wrote:Iced tea, hot tea, sweet tea, plain tea, decaf tea, herb tea, peach tea, you may have whatever kind of tea you little old heart desires. Now that you mention it, rocks may be the one thing that yard is missing. Haven't seen a one. :lol: Snickers LOVES little people!

Does your morning glory go dormant in the winter? All those leaves would be a terrible mess. I'm used to chain link. It's the only fence used out here but I agree, it's ugly.
Love iced teas mixed with fruit juice and usually use Splenda to keep it lite. My new favorite I've been playing with is African Rooibos red tea. Also love love love homemade ginger beer! :D

No rocks? Well then he'll pick up every leaf and twig! :lol: and he'll go up and down those steps. I'll bring his little wheelbarrow.

The morning glory goes semi-dormant in the winter but only completely if there is a frost. It doesn't drop that many leaves but just shrivels and then starts growing again over it so it's getting pretty thick.
Last edited by Engrossed on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:37 pm

I can see a little gazebo, hammock, a few chairs and fountain; total peace!!

Engrossed

Post by Engrossed » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:40 pm

Deely wrote: Unsweetened iced tea with a twist, works just as well for me. ;)
Love that too. :D

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:47 pm

Deely wrote:
Engrossed wrote:
racrgal wrote:T, there is a LOT of the yard that isn't shady but that little spot just has SO much potential. I've invited Deely to come have a beer with me in that shady spot. You're invited too! 8-) You can see the entire yard from there so we can sit in the shade and Max can run around. :)
Can't wait to come by for a visit, and Max will love running around, and will collect any and all rocks in your yard LOL. Hate beer though...tastes icky. Like the tea invite better...although it may have to be "iced" tea at this rate. ;) :D
Unsweetened iced tea with a twist, works just as well for me. ;)
Deely, you can pick the lemon right off the tree. :)

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:50 pm

No rocks? Well then he'll pick up every leaf and twig! and he'll go up and down those steps. I'll bring his little wheelbarrow. I found rocks! Around the hot tub.

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:52 pm

Kchurchill5 wrote:I can see a little gazebo, hammock, a few chairs and fountain; total peace!!
There is currently a little bird bath in the shady area. No power, so no fountain. :(

Engrossed

Post by Engrossed » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:53 pm

Here's my Angel's Trumpet off my porch:

Here's a view from the corner of my lot...crazy mix of trees here!:

Here's last years crop of Apriums from my tree:

Engrossed

Post by Engrossed » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:54 pm

Oh boy, Max is going to make a mess...he'll be picking up all of those rocks and putting them in the fountain. :lol:

Engrossed

Post by Engrossed » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:13 pm

Two more so you can see what you have to look forward to racr. :D

Max throwing stones into the lake at Fairmount Park down the street from me. It was designed by the same landscape architect as NY's Central Park.:

A walk down Victoria Ave the other day: