The Weather Outside Your Window...

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

The_Swedish_Chef

The Weather Outside Your Window...

Post by The_Swedish_Chef » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:59 pm

:D This has been a very popular thread at Kitten's old site, so I'm adding it, once again to the new site.

We're a global village, here at Zazz! Some are in Winter, some in Summer. Some have snow outside their window, and other's our looking at dolphins and the beach!

So, what's the weather like outside your window?

PleasantNancy

Re: The Weather Outside Your Window...

Post by PleasantNancy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:05 pm

I'm so glad you posted this topic Sweedie....I was going to do the same. Always enjoy reading this thread and wanted it to continue here ;)

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:08 pm

cool and rainy, summer is going away and winter is slowly setting in, I hate to see the summer going away :(

Dreamer_in_Ontario

Post by Dreamer_in_Ontario » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:29 am

It's the same here. Rain, rain, rain.

Roxanne

Post by Roxanne » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:47 pm

Very rainy here in Trinidad atm

Cilla

Post by Cilla » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:03 pm

Well, lets see. The Canadian Geese have "flown" the coup around here. It was so beautiful seeing/watching 50+ groups of Geese flying south last week. They fly in perfect V shapes with about 30 geese per group. Since I live right on the Kootenai River they follow the river for fishing during their migration south so I have a wonderful glimpse of their travel. Fantastic to watch.

We are in below 30 at night so will be picking my Rome Apples in a couple of days. They are sweetening up right on time. Have all my winterizing completed so starting to "huddle" down and "bundle" up for winter. :)

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:19 pm

Cilla wrote:Well, lets see. The Canadian Geese have "flown" the coup around here. It was so beautiful seeing/watching 50+ groups of Geese flying south last week. They fly in perfect V shapes with about 30 geese per group. Since I live right on the Kootenai River they follow the river for fishing during their migration south so I have a wonderful glimpse of their travel. Fantastic to watch.

We are in below 30 at night so will be picking my Rome Apples in a couple of days. They are sweetening up right on time. Have all my winterizing completed so starting to "huddle" down and "bundle" up for winter. :)
same weather here now, it goes down to about 25-30 at night, we have tons of guys here that make a huge noise at night!

Cilla

Post by Cilla » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:48 pm

LOL! It isn't exactly a "sweet" sound is it! LOL! Good thing it only happens twice a year! :D

Cilla we have two retention ponds here and OMG the amount of geese is just unbelievable :shock: they fly back and forth at night making a huge noise it's just so annoying :x

kberry

Post by kberry » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:00 am

It's dark outside mine right now! :D

Today though it was chilly for the most part.
Not so sure what tomorrow will bring but since most of the leave are off the trees and it's been windy well.... it's Nebraska.
Stand still long enough and it will change! :lol:

Roxanne

Post by Roxanne » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:14 pm

Well back to say that it is pouring again. No surprise as we are in the rainy or wet season here in the Trinidad. Had a few flashes of lightning earlier too which is surprisingly rare to see here.