Loving my new purchase!

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Gerry

Loving my new purchase!

Post by Gerry » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:01 pm

Love spiralizing for zoodles as well as spiralized vegetables for both cooking and salads. I have the handheld, the countertop manual and found both not all that easy on my wrists. Seeing an electric one on sale I bit the bullet and it saw to coming home with me.

I am so super impressed, it is absolutley amazing, the manuals cannot even began to come close! Within minutes with no effort on my part awesome looking spiralized zuchinni and carrots ready for a stir fry or a salad. And super easy clean up unlike many other machines. Can you tell I am loving it, it’s right up there with my little Magic Bullet and my Actifry! If you love spiralizing you will love the electrified version. No, not selling electric spiralizers just sharing how awesome they are to use and how great the bowls of spiralized vegetables look, and in mere minutes!

QueenBea

Re: Loving my new purchase!

Post by QueenBea » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:11 pm

That is awesome Gerry!!!! So many neat contraptions out there. I have a manual one that was gifted to me and it does work well.
Enjoy your new toy :D

Netgirl

Post by Netgirl » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:01 pm

I have one of those I rarely use it though :oops: I need to get it out again they are quite a lot of fun to use

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:47 pm

I was so impressed with using my electric spiralizer I am hoping my comments have not put anyone off on the purchase of a manual. A young family member of mine has a manual and is absolutely pleased with it, my recently purchased manual has gone off to a happy new home and being enjoyed.

For me having had carpal tunnel surgeries while very successful my wrists are not as strong as they once were. Using the manual took a lot of effort whereas the electric with no effort on my part had bowls of spiralized vegetables in mere minutes! I have kept the little hand one for times I just may want to add garnishes. Surprisingly on sale the electric spiralizer cost one lot less than the Salad Shooter I bought over a year and a half ago and just now found a place near the prep area making it far easier than hand chopping when making soups and salads. What was I thinking not using it sooner! Seems they have to be handy or we just don't use them!

kberry

Post by kberry » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:54 pm

Hi Gerry

Can you send the brand you have.
I have tried hand help but cut my finger tips off.
So now I buy them in the store and there are only a few kinds to choose from.
Thank you

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:24 pm

Hi kberry, sorry it's taken so long to get back to you! Mine is the Heritage brand offered by Canadian Tire, if you google it you will likely find a similar model that is available in your area. Shortly after I bought mine noted one could buy the packaged product but since l I live in small town Saskatchewan I suspect choices for me would be very limited, my Heritage makes it super easy aside from zoodles and such it makes for very attractive salad garnishes. I always make extra with that in mind. :)

kberry

Post by kberry » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:33 pm

Really need to look into that!
I would like to keep my fingers!