Help! Can one place a convection Oven over a Micowave

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Gerry

Help! Can one place a convection Oven over a Micowave

Post by Gerry » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:40 pm

My well used Delonghi counter convection oven was an absolute workhorse serving me well for over 18 years, it has come time to replace. I wasn’t able to find a Delonghi in the city so went with a KitchenAid which would so conveniently sit over my microwave and save counter space.

Online found conflicting advice, my concern is would the heat from the convection oven damage the Micrcowave. My old one got hot on top but the counter was fine which some suggest makes it safe. Anyone out there who have placed their convection oven over the Micro wave without any problems – or know of someone who did with dire consequence?

lovinretirement

Re: Help! Can one place a convection Oven over a Micowave

Post by lovinretirement » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:20 am

I suggest contacting the microwave manufacturer.

Shanni

Post by Shanni » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:32 pm

I have to agree with the previous member's post

Sue

Post by Sue » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:11 am

Get a marble cutting board and place it between. The extra bonus is that if you need the marble to roll out pastry dough, you can borrow it.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:49 pm

Thanking everyone for the suggestions, on another site several had gone with placing one on top of the other as Sue suggested and that's what I did. My old one was big which saw me gain one lot of counter space and the new arrangement working well for me. Happy to say the Kitchen Aid while much smaller than my old Delonghi allows me to use the same size roasters and pans! Came in really handy during the Easter holidays! :)