Advertising ideas to attract customers

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

DorisWilson

Advertising ideas to attract customers

Post by DorisWilson » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:08 am

Hi there,
Need advice to attract customers to my restaurant. I am planning to distribute posters in the street to attract customers, we are also planning gift vouchers for the customers. But I am more concerned about the poster making. I have seen some good posters from an article grassrootsadvertising and I would like to get something similar to this. I have some ideas on my mind but doesn't know where to get the services from. What ad campaigns are you doing for your shops? Is there anyone who get services online?

Kchurchill5

Re: Advertising ideas to attract customers

Post by Kchurchill5 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:47 am

When I was in the restaurant business; cook or silent partner. We rarely did any posters. It just wasn't the type of advertising that worked.

Small adds in newspapers, local magazines, etc. is what most people did. They also attached coupons to the ads.

If planning a special event; then a poster might work; but, these work best in small towns.
Now, if you are a grand opening ... then posters do work.

Radio is also another good way to get the word out.

We never used a service; just what is mentioned above.
--------------------
If you are open for lunch; handing out brochures/menus to local business is a way to bring in local customers; or, if you have a delivery service.

Now, and then; we took samples to a local fair, farmers market; or a local business. And, having a special open house with 1/2 off drinks and some of your special appetizers, is a good way.
---------------------------------------
Now, the type of restaurant, type of demographic, and type of town/city all play a part in what type of advertising you use.

MsPia

Post by MsPia » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:39 pm

There was a restaurant in Vail, called Mi Zuppa, that was always packed for lunch. Customers had punch cards and after 9 lunches you got the 10th one for free.

What about a poster competition? Announce on the radio, newspaper? Get customers involved?
Facebook advertising works well too.
And special events...
What type of restaurant do you have?

Blinky

Post by Blinky » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:09 pm

This looks like spam! :?

Post by 80052370 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:25 am

Thanks for sharing.

Sheryl

Post by Sheryl » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:28 am

Make sure your sign outside of your restaurant is big and brightly colored, so it stands out as you are driving by. It can make all the difference!