Blue circles, Red circles & stars :O :D

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Duck-Duck

Blue circles, Red circles & stars :O :D

Post by Duck-Duck » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:46 am

I searched & couldn't find an answer. "Contact Me" isn't being friendly. I'm sure I had more than 100 & less than 1000 characters! (KC, a count would be good to add.) Soooo, to my question: What's the story - with the little, red star especially - next to posts? I (think) I get the red & blue - red means unread; blue, read. I have a question with that though, too. It's unread by whom? Moderator? The one posting? The person that made the comment? Hey, I have questions! ;D
Offsubject: Does anyone else have the problem of the site not completely loading? For example, I entered a subject & it isn't there, but when I "mouse" over it - hee-hee - it is. Below, the cancel & submit rectangles are empty. 'Hope I choose the right one! Hmmmmm ...

Duck-Duck

Re: Blue circles, Red circles & stars :O :D

Post by Duck-Duck » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:49 am

And why do some scroll, while others are still?
It's a cool & very useful feature. I'm sure I'll like it more than I do now - ya know, once I understand it. :shock:

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:23 pm

Duck-Duck wrote:I searched & couldn't find an answer. "Contact Me" isn't being friendly. I'm sure I had more than 100 & less than 1000 characters! (KC, a count would be good to add.) Soooo, to my question: What's the story - with the little, red star especially - next to posts? I (think) I get the red & blue - red means unread; blue, read. I have a question with that though, too. It's unread by whom? Moderator? The one posting? The person that made the comment? Hey, I have questions! ;D
Offsubject: Does anyone else have the problem of the site not completely loading? For example, I entered a subject & it isn't there, but when I "mouse" over it - hee-hee - it is. Below, the cancel & submit rectangles are empty. 'Hope I choose the right one! Hmmmmm ...
Hi Duck-Duck!
The person who reads the Contact Us is away for a few weeks. Now the little red star, I am not sure I know what you mean, there are no stars showing after posts, for the pages loading slow I am not having that problem at all, it may be an isolated problem, lets see if anyone else is having that problem.

As soon as our tech person gets back I will be sending off your post to them...
If you can eat, you can make it!

Duck-Duck

Post by Duck-Duck » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:13 pm

Thanks!
The red circles are to the left of the topic on the list of Zazzchat. All three of my posts have them; & at least one is scrolling. :? :D

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:39 pm

Duck-Duck wrote:Thanks!
The red circles are to the left of the topic on the list of Zazzchat. All three of my posts have them; & at least one is scrolling. :? :D
OH those!! I'm not exactly sure, each has a different meaning but I believe they show if the topic has been unread or it's a new topic with no replies etc.. some people I guess use them and some not they are just part of our forum program, I will try to find out the exact meaning for all of them and get back to you

Duck-Duck

Post by Duck-Duck » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:53 pm

Thank you, KittenCal! It's a good feature - saves time if you - meaning the person posting - has read them all - but I need to break the code! Ha-ha!

KitchenMagician

Post by KitchenMagician » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:22 pm

I was also wondering about those, thanks for the explanation :D

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:25 pm

Duck-Duck wrote:Thank you, KittenCal! It's a good feature - saves time if you - meaning the person posting - has read them all - but I need to break the code! Ha-ha!
Your welcome Duck-Duck, now which code do you mean :? :)

Duck-Duck

Post by Duck-Duck » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:02 pm

Just those symbols we've been discussing. :) You have - will have - it covered. It's not a problem, like I can't do something, more just "Heyyy, what's that?" :D ... 'Didn't think I was alone, KitchenMagician! Hee-hee! It's a great feature - no checking on posts that don't have new entries. I see you're kinda new, too. Hello!

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:06 pm

Duck-Duck wrote:Just those symbols we've been discussing. :) You have - will have - it covered. It's not a problem, like I can't do something, more just "Heyyy, what's that?" :D ... 'Didn't think I was alone, KitchenMagician! Hee-hee! It's a great feature - no checking on posts that don't have new entries. I see you're kinda new, too. Hello!
Oh okay Duck, glad I was able to help you out ;)