What makes this site great - what needs to change?

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Memack

Re: What makes this site great - what needs to change?

Post by Memack » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:08 pm

There's not much more you can do to make this site any better at least I can't think of anything at the moment but if I think of something I'll come back and post here.

lovinretirement

Post by lovinretirement » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:45 pm

I love the people, the recipes of course, and the beautiful photos.
I would like to be able to download a photo directly from my computer for the photo blog section. I can't seem to be able to do the photo website downloads.

DanD

Post by DanD » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:32 pm

For sure the photos here I lurk around that forum pretty much everyday, I come to check out recipes and photos so I'd like to see more photos on the main page there's some bare spots that could accommodate that quite well I think, I'd also like to see a you have mail alert that shows here on the site as well as in your private mail account, I know there was a few others I just can't think of them at this time.
Great site, great people and from what I see very well run ;)

Chaz

Post by Chaz » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:22 pm

This is a very nice recipe site

Mikekey

Post by Mikekey » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:50 pm

I did think of something that needs improvement. Faster okays of reviews and photos posted. Perhaps members with a certain number of reviews and/or photos already posted would be given automatic approval so they post immediately?

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:05 pm

Just a few thoughts ...
Mostly, I think everything is GREAT; these are just a few things and ideas.

I would like to see the forums reduced a bit; and, maybe consolidated a bit.

FORUMS ... On the front page ... I love the new comments; however, I would love to see it expanded or a ticker that shows the most recent posts. Since I moved the dinner thread to daily posts; we gets lots of traffic. When it was just an ongoing post; very little traffic.
I think if people could see what people are posting most often right on the front page; that would increase traffic in the forums.

SEARCH ... I have done several basic searches for a variety of recipes. MY OWN. But, they never came up. I even put in specific ingredients, but NO. Then, I went to my profile page and went to my recipes; and, they popped right up. I have had this happen many many times.

NEW RECIPES ... Ingredients. For me; there are several main and basic ingredients that are needed. Condiments, dough or bread ... that isn't listed. I had a recipe for a sauce with 6-7 condiments, bread, garlic, and oil. The only ingredients I could list was garlic and oil.

The Amount or Serving amount I think needs to change. You can only put a number. I would love to put 1 cup or 24 pieces; because it always isn't the serving amount. It makes 1 cup of sauce or dressing. That can be anything.

I would love to post a pic right from my computer to the forums. I still use photobucket; but, it would be easy, just to click and post; like what we do when posting to recipes.
---------------------------------
That's it for me!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:56 am

I would love a LIKE button on the forums. So, rather than reposting or quoting ... Just a LIKE button.

Just a thought.

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:10 pm

I do not think a major over hall is needed, this site is great as is.
Just don't go the way some others have please!

Duck-Duck

Post by Duck-Duck » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:28 pm

Well, I'm new here so I'm not "in love" yet, but I do like it here.
I used a site for years & years & years until they decided to "make improvements" that actually took away many of the great features here. The so-called "improvements" weren't improvements. It was just different - & not in a good way!
As for here, I'd like less pastel & gray. Yeah, really. It's pretty, but kinda bleh. Black, white, bright, bold colors are fresh-looking, easier to read - at least for me. A brighter background would help, too; but mainly the text.
If that "course" to "make it with" list were smaller, you could increase the size of other things or add something new on the opening page. I'd like it if the Forum were bigger. Once visitors know about it, many will return. You find new recipes & new friends there!
In my recipes, I'd like to see my rating as well as the member rating. I know I can do that in my review, but you did ask! Wink-wink! Alphabetical order would be a good feature, too - as well as being able to reverse it. It's a small, but big help - reversal.
I like being able to sort so many ways. It's a big-big-big help once recipes are up there in numbers. I like having page numbers, too. I know that sounds like an odd compliment, but that was one of the things we "lost" on the new site. You couldn't go back to where you were easily.
I like the note feature, too. I haven't used it yet, but if there is an option for notes to be private or not, I'd like that. I'm not keeping secrets there, just I'll read a bunch of reviews & keep notes about them there - or mention names about who liked, who didn't that wouldn't concern anyone else.
One kinda odd thing here is the having to add a note in each recipebook. 'Think the name should cover it. Hee-hee!
'Trying to be helpful. 'Hope I was! :-*

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:33 pm

Kchurchill5 wrote:I would love a LIKE button on the forums. So, rather than reposting or quoting ... Just a LIKE button.

Just a thought.
lol Kim we think alike.. I wanted that added also after we first launched unfortunately we would have to build that feature from ground up and that would be costly right now, it is something however we have on the list for future add on's...
If you can eat, you can make it!