Approvals....

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

KittenCal

Approvals....

Post by KittenCal » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:52 pm

Hi Zazzies!

Just to let you know, it's Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend, so approvals may take a few days longer than usual, we will try to get some approved later today ;)

From RZ owners and staff...

We wish all our Canadian members a happy and safe Thanksgiving weekend!
If you can eat, you can make it!

QueenBea

Re: Approvals....

Post by QueenBea » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:46 pm

Thx for the heads up Catol. Have a great Thanksgiving weekend!!

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:30 pm

QueenBea wrote:Thx for the heads up Catol. Have a great Thanksgiving weekend!!
You too Bea, if I know you, you must be cooking up a storm :o :D

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:39 pm

Actually no I am not Carol. This is the first time a many years that we are not hosting our big Thanksgiving feast. Both DH and I are working all weekend so we will have a small turkey dinner on Monday. It feels strange, like we are missing something. :lol:

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:46 pm

QueenBea wrote:Actually no I am not Carol. This is the first time a many years that we are not hosting our big Thanksgiving feast. Both DH and I are working all weekend so we will have a small turkey dinner on Monday. It feels strange, like we are missing something. :lol:
goodness Bea that sure is different for you, I hope your getting double time for working on the holiday ;)

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:55 pm

No I am not, that it the sad part, lol. The holiday is the Monday and |I am off that day. That is okay though, it will be something different for us.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:16 pm

These past years given the timing I have had to really work at Thanksgiving, unlike our usual wonderful long weekend gatherings of the past ... they have become low key. So here too it has been so unlike what we have always done. Once again the date this year had me planning on not celebrating ... until our youngest gs said " it's time to celebrate all the wonderful years we had." ... so young and so right! So far turkey and dressing, cranberries and pumpkin pie are givens!

From our house to yours wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! :)

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:28 pm

Gerry wrote:These past years given the timing I have had to really work at Thanksgiving, unlike our usual wonderful long weekend gatherings of the past ... they have become low key. So here too it has been so unlike what we have always done. Once again the date this year had me planning on not celebrating ... until our youngest gs said " it's time to celebrate all the wonderful years we had." ... so young and so right! So far turkey and dressing, cranberries and pumpkin pie are givens!

From our house to yours wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! :)
Gerry did your DH pass away at this time of the year? holidays have never really been the same for me since John died, I try to avoid going to wedding and large gatherings I hate going myself, life without your partner is never the same :( Gerry have a wonderful holiday with you family..

Bea at least you can celebrate Monday with your DH, I can't begin to imagine the amount of food you cook for the holidays I've said it before and I'll say it again..I don't know where you get your energy from, your a super-Bea!!! :lol:

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:49 pm

You're so right Carol, at least I get to celebrate it with DH. I can't imagine what it is like for you gals. I know they say it gets better with time, but I doubt it's ever the same. I hope you both have a great time with family and friends.

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:03 pm

QueenBea wrote:You're so right Carol, at least I get to celebrate it with DH. I can't imagine what it is like for you gals. I know they say it gets better with time, but I doubt it's ever the same. I hope you both have a great time with family and friends.
Bea the pain of losing your partner does get easier but not better, life it not the same but we just have to try to make the best of what we have now and that is what I try to do but there are times I sure wish he was still around ;)
Enjoy the dinner Bea and don't work to hard
:YMHUG: