~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Luvcookn

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:31 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Going to town this morning to pick up a few groceries for DH. I am heading to Falkland BC on Friday for a Women of Strength retreat. It will be wonderful to be with other women for awhile. So I will not be clicking on Sat/Sun.

Making a large kettle of Mennonite Chicken Soup tomorrow for DH while I am away. I have not posted this recipe as I don't measure anything. It has onions, fresh ginger, peppercorns, parsley, cinnamon sticks, star anise and bay leaves and of coarse a plump stewing hen. Then it is strained off...chicken taken off the bone and you are left with this amazing broth and chicken which is served over egg noodles. Delish!

Hope you enjoy the soup Gerry! It is one of our favvies. I was never a soup person until I started making my own. My mom was not very good at it except for her oxtail soup...which would make me shiver with anticipation!!!

Wishing you a great day! :D

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:42 pm

With travel to coos bay & cleaning carpet will not post til Thursday

MsPia

Post by MsPia » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:18 pm

Hi Clicks are in.
Sorry I'm not posting often. I'm a little overwhelm right now.
That soup sounds amazing Patti. I love all the seasonings.

Gerry I wanted to let you know that my two kitties are loving each other again.
Thanks God!

I wish you all the best. Hve fun in your trip Patti.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:04 am

I have noticed that you have been "away" Pia! You have been sorely missed! I know how it goes when overwhelmed. Thoughts and prayers are with you!

Wishing you a smiley day! :D

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:11 am

My carpet looks so much better, as does my house getting rid of clutter I'll enjoy home as feels so airy

Glad everyone is doing well not to far behind

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:54 am

Clicks are in!

Had a wonderful Women's Retreat this past weekend! It was so much needed.

Hope all is well with everyone! :D

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:47 pm

So glad you were able to go to women's retreat it is important to get alone time

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:02 pm

So happy to hear your two kitties have worked things out Pia, sounds like maybe a move is about to happen? Great to hear you got your carpet done Judy, I took care of mine a number of years back- permanently! Of course luckily there were hardwood floors underneath! I am sure you are enjoying the cleaning as well as lightening up. Been working on that too! Ahh Pattie I am sure you came back from that retreat refreshed, it's been on tough summer for you!

Here we have really chilly starts to the day but the afternoons warm, fairly nice when that wind we have been getting stays away. While I have the absolute essentials done outdoors I am still hoping there will be a few nice days to get to more. Happy to say for the first time in two years I will start spring with a clean greenhouse - have the soil all worked along the planting area and almost finished putting down the new paving blocks. A job I likely should not have attempted this year but came out with no added injuries! Think that was pure luck or an angel on my shoulder!
Clicking all done. :)

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:20 am

I did indeed come home spiritually refreshed! One of the ladies that I drove to the retreat did not tell us that she was sick until she started coughing. Short story...I am sick. Did the clicking yesterday and totally forgot to report here. :? Foggy head perhaps! :lol:

Glad to hear that you were able to get your fall cleanup done Gerry with no setbacks! That is always gooda!

Wishing you a wonderous day! :D

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:51 pm

gerry wish I had hardwood floors, less maintenance but can't complain rend is doable. so glad you got pavers done know you feel better for the accomplishment. sure hope it did not hurt you too bad .

pattie it seems illness is just going around, sorry you got sick, illness is no fun especially if you have an active lifestyle.

glad your back pia, since I was gone too did not know but always like you around. glad your kitties are loving eachother again. hope everything mellows out for you and you are not overwhelmed
going to temple saturday so will probably not have time to post or click as goint to a baptism a half hour after I get home.