Mexican Steak Dinner

A unique and special online gallery where you can post your food photos as well as view other member's food photos, come and chat with our hosts for photo tips and advice

Moderators: Bergy, Derf, QueenBea

Kchurchill5

Mexican Steak Dinner

Post by Kchurchill5 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:14 am

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/basic- ... ning-14500

Pan sauteed steak, creamy cheesy polenta; and, pole beans w/chili oil.

Bergy

Re: Mexican Steak Dinner

Post by Bergy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:27 am

Sure looks good - The steak is RARE and I bet tender. Love the look of the beans but not sure about polenta. I think it is kind of one of those foods like grits that you have to grow up with

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:34 am

That looks perfectly done to me!!! Nice photos Kim.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:50 am

Thx guys. It was a good Medium Rare, just looks MORE rare I think. And, grits and polenta are sort of an acquired taste.

It was a strip; but, a first cut; which tends to be less expensive, because it has a fat grizzle line down the center; however, it was still very tender. And, plenty for a steak sandwich; and, probably a salad.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:32 am

Looks great Kim. I am another who doesn't appreciate polenta. Can't get past the grit part. True southerners love them I know, I am just a northerner at heart. The meal looks awesome though, I honestly would have tried it. I keep hoping to get a recipe that I like, that would allow me to eat grits. So far, no go. Have tried them many times in restaurants just can't like them for some reason. People tell me, you just haven't had them cooked the right way, well dang, how many times do I have to try them? :lol:

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:30 am

I make shrimp and grits Dis, and that is a good way to try them. They are really creamy and cheesy; and, the grits have sauce over them too. It's sort of like having mashed potatoes.

But, I do agree. Slow cooked grits can take over an hour. I use quick cooking ... but, I cook them much longer for my tastes - however, I do get it. Cheese, butter, and cream is really the key for me; which is WHY I don't make them all the time, :lol:

But thx, the steak was good. I still don't like the white grits with butter for breakfast. But, with gravy or a poached egg ... it's OK.