New Event?

A unique and special online gallery where you can post your food photos as well as view other member's food photos, come and chat with our hosts for photo tips and advice

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Dissie

New Event?

Post by Dissie » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:55 pm

I realize that Bea is away. So of course this would wait on her, but what about some sort of cooking, photo taking event? Valentines day is coming up, Romantic dinner showcasing our recipes? (Geeze, do I even have a recipe that would qualify?) :lol: :lol: Someone should be able to come up with a good topic. Our best "Someones coming to dinner meal" or our "Favorite Go To meal". I am sure someone can come up with a way better topic, but you get the idea. I think I need SOME inspiration to cook and take pics! :D

Bergy

Re: New Event?

Post by Bergy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:51 am

Dissie we have tried various events in the past but have found that with the number of participating members here on Zazz it just doesn't fly and has not been worth the effort that the organizer put into it.. Bea & I have talked about and I know she will agree with me that if you guys want an event we are more than happy to plan one - Dissie we will include you in the planning of course. Do you members want a planned event? - Let's hear i from you ! Then when Bea is back we can discuss it and if several members want one I know that Bea, like me, will be happy to plan one

Chef shapeweaver

Post by Chef shapeweaver » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:38 pm

I'm willing to participate. Sounds like it would
be fun. :D

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:11 pm

Bergy as you said the participation is low to nonexistant when these events run. I put alot of work into the one I ran and I think only 3 -4 people even bothered to participate.
Dissie are you volunteering to host? ;) :shock:

If there is one I will add my photos.

Sue

Post by Sue » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:25 pm

I always enjoy participating in events when I can.
I would probably be in for 1-3 recipes in an event depending on the calendar. I don't mind playing in small events. Sometimes when events are too big it loses something iykwim.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:11 pm

LOL ummm, host? Wait a minute! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would participate in an event for sure.

dianegrapegrower

Post by dianegrapegrower » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:47 pm

I always enjoyed events on "another site". It encouraged me to try new dishes. There are fewer recipes on this site, but I know there are many I'd like to try. I'm in. (Unless it's a dessert event - then I'm out.)

D

Sue

Post by Sue » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:20 am

Dissie wrote:LOL ummm, host? Wait a minute! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://youtu.be/HpsHtzZid6k

Aw, c'mon, Diss. ;)

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:37 pm

Dissie wrote:LOL ummm, host? Wait a minute! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are the one who brought it up Dissie, can't expect Bea and Bergy to do it all can we? :?: 8-)

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:23 pm

Hi all - thanks for your feedback. I will discuss this with Bea when she is back and by then see how many others are interested. There have been quite a lot of views so far but not too many showing interest. We are very happy to do whatever you want - the forum is yours so just say what you want!