Ham Roll Ups

A unique and special online gallery where you can post your food photos as well as view other member's food photos, come and chat with our hosts for photo tips and advice

Moderators: Bergy, Derf, QueenBea

Bergy

Re: Ham Roll Ups

Post by Bergy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:47 pm

Looks like a great rebellion to me - Welcome bcl to food land! :D :D :D :D

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:13 pm

KathyD wrote:Thanks everyone! I've gotten into a rut of making the same old stuff. However, with the new year coming, I'm ready to get back into exploring new recipes again. DH doesn't like many ingredients, and I gradually slipped into making only things he likes -- which means a very narrow (and boring) list of dinner possibilities. Basically, dinner had devolved into beef or chicken and green beans or wax beans -- he also gets annoyed if I put seasoning on the beef/chicken. Can you see why I haven't been very inspired? I finally couldn't stand it and rebelled. Why should I get stuck eating only the things he likes? So I announced a few weeks ago that I'm no longer catering to his narrow dietary list. If I cook something he doesn't like, he's just going to have to buck up and eat it or figure out his own dinner. Soooooooo, I'm now welcoming back all these things!

Seafood of all kinds!
mushrooms
peas
eggplant
beets!
lima beans
spinach
quinoa
squash
chili WITH BEANS!
potato salad (I really don't understand this one because he likes macaroni salad)
olives
the list goes on and on!
First off, your pics are just lovely!

My hubby is sort of like yours. He isn't adventuresome at all when it comes to anything new. He does like spice however, but hates when I try a new meatloaf or a new anything dish other than the ones I normally make. Makes life very boring! I, too have started to make things I like and if he eats it, he does, if not, oh well! Good luck to your new dishes and happy eating!

Chef shapeweaver

Post by Chef shapeweaver » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:31 pm

Hi KathyD, :-H
What a great looking appetizer plate. :D