Turkey Day!

A unique and special online gallery where you can post your food photos as well as view other member's food photos, come and chat with our hosts for photo tips and advice

Moderators: Bergy, Derf, QueenBea

Kchurchill5

Turkey Day!

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:18 am

Started the turkey on the grill; then, finished in the oven. A simple herb roasted turkey.
Classic dressing; I add mushrooms.
Orange cranberry sauce; classic green bean casserole, I did use fresh green beans.
Ham, mustard glazed with bourbon, mustard, and maple syrup.
And, spuds ... I add a little small piece of sweet potato to mine. No butter, just broth and buttermilk. Much healthier.

No rolls, too much food; and, a small bowl of pumpkin ice cream, very very late.

Deepster

Re: Turkey Day!

Post by Deepster » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:23 pm

Oh my, Kc!!! If that's not a fine looking meal, I don't know what would be! Beautiful ;)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:40 pm

What a lovely meal, has me wanting turkey! :)

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:43 pm

Kchurchill5 wrote:Started the turkey on the grill; then, finished in the oven. A simple herb roasted turkey.
Classic dressing; I add mushrooms.
Orange cranberry sauce; classic green bean casserole, I did use fresh green beans.
Ham, mustard glazed with bourbon, mustard, and maple syrup.
And, spuds ... I add a little small piece of sweet potato to mine. No butter, just broth and buttermilk. Much healthier.

No rolls, too much food; and, a small bowl of pumpkin ice cream, very very late.

Looks kinds like my plate yesterday minus the ham plus a roll. We had real punpkin pie also, not ice cream! :lol:

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:24 pm

I did make rolls; but, will have them tonight or tomorrow too much food, lol. Too many appies and beer, :)

Pie, I just don't eat sweets; but, I put whole pie in my ice cream; really; it was very good. My son likes ice cream, so I made it for him. Classic pumpkin is usually what I made. He liked it, so I was fine; leftovers again tonight. Just day 2!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:25 pm

And, thx guys!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:12 pm

I actually drooled when I looked at that photo. Everything looks so tempting and the ham looks especially tempting, the ghravy Is special too MMMall round. Lovely Meal KC

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:15 pm

Wowsers....... I would of gobbled that whole plate up :@) Everything looks divine Kim!!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:21 pm

B, thx so much.
The ham was a mustard, maple, brown sugar glaze; I mis typed. Sorry; but, really good. Will have tons leftover, but, I love leftover ham in the freezer.

The gravy I made with turkey legs; thinking I was cooking a breast. But, I opened up the package and it was a small whole turkey. LONG story; but, the store refunded me the difference in price; then, the manufacturer gave me a free coupon; because of mispackaging of some of their turkeys. Needless to say, it was delicious; but, I have extra dark meat and gravy. It wont go to waste trust me.

Definitely enjoying some of that ham tomorrow night; that is my sons favorite.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:39 pm

Thx QB, I enjoyed; and my son enjoyed getting leftovers too.
I'm mad because I made the cranberry with a little oj, maple syrup, and zest/ but, I usually but a few segments in before serving. I forgot. OH well. I knew I would forget something.