Summer Corn, Cucumber, and Pasta Salad

A unique and special online gallery where you can post your food photos as well as view other member's food photos, come and chat with our hosts for photo tips and advice

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Kchurchill5

Summer Corn, Cucumber, and Pasta Salad

Post by Kchurchill5 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:43 am

This is a salad my Mom made for years. It is delicious. I actually make it 2 different ways. Either creamy w/Miracle Whip and sour cream base; or, a simple lemon olive oil vinaigrette.
I normally add Goat cheese or Feta, but didn't last night - I was out. I have about 10 recipes to post ... I'm behind again.

Ditalini, corn, cucumber, celery, scallions, mint, parsley, basil, miracle whip and sour cream last night. Easy salad.

Dinner, simple grilled polish kielbasa with spicy beer mustard to dip in. I was also out of my pepper relish which I wanted to serve with it. Need to check my fridge.

Kchurchill5

Re: Summer Corn, Cucumber, and Pasta Salad

Post by Kchurchill5 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:42 am

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:45 am

Great looking/sounding meal. Very interesting salad. Both photos do the recipe justice.
Not available yet - will check later

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:11 am

Thx B, yes just posted.

It is a bit different. The corn has a nice sweetness. Mom made this all the time growing up - probably because the garden was bursting with cucs and corn. Sometimes a vinaigrette, sometimes this. Both are really good. And, obviously, back in the day Mom used elbow or even rice; now, I use ditalini.

The vinaigrette version is probably my favorite; but, I didn't have a lemon, lol.

Chef shapeweaver

Post by Chef shapeweaver » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:32 pm

Kim, :-H
I have to agree w/ Bergy,both photos
do the recipe justice. :D

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:09 pm

Gorgeous Kim! I can almost taste it! I sure loved sausage and pasta salad on a summer day! Very nice memories it brings back! :D Reminds me of my childhood, yes, way back when! :lol:

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:19 pm

Nice simple meal! I like the plated pic!

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:59 pm

Looks tasty Kim, very nice photos.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:48 pm

Thx guys. It did take me back; because it was food I had growing up. I do love the grilled sausage or kielbasa. It's simple summer food as I remember.

I still remember going in the garden picking the celery, scallions, corn and cucs for Mom. And our neighbor owned the meat plant in town ... so, we had endless supplies of smoked sausages and meats. It was something we always had for cookouts.

I did have a bowl of fruit too for a healthy component, lol.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:07 pm

Kim, your pasta salad sure influenced me to make a pasta salad today. Only thing different is I added onions and grape tomatoes from the garden! Dang I need to use those darn tomatoes up! I ate a big bowl of them this afternoon dipped in ranch dressing. Every meal I put out a bowl of cucumber tomato, salad, but everyone is pretty much sick of it! :lol: Thanks, they ate the pasta salad! Probably going to roast the rest in the fridge, as they are going to go bad we can't eat them fast enough and I need to pick them again tomorrow. I see lots of red out there in the garden! :shock: