Still Cooking

A unique and special online gallery where you can post your food photos as well as view other member's food photos, come and chat with our hosts for photo tips and advice

Moderators: Bergy, Derf, QueenBea

Kchurchill5

Still Cooking

Post by Kchurchill5 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:22 am

I haven't posted too much lately; but, I have been cooking. These are some over the last few weeks that I forgot to post.

I won a drawing at my local butchers market. So, this was part of the $50 prize. A 'huge' fresh chicken. So, I cooked it up (also stuffed with lemon and herbs; and, I did rub it lightly with a salt blend - but, snapped the pic first.

Removed when the chicken was done; and bagged up all the meat for later on. Then, added the bones back in to make the stock. Let it simmer a good 3-4 hours.
Usually, I use my crockpot; but, it was cooking something else.

I used part of the chicken to make my chicken and dumplings. I rough chop carrots, onions, celery and lightly saute in butter; add the broth from above, and simmer until tender. Add chicken, parsley, and top with dumplings (I make a chive bisquick dumpling).

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/easy-c ... grits-7454

A version of my Mojo Marinade. I had just a bit leftover, so, I mixed lime, and some other seasonings; so, this is a Citrus type of marinade. A simple squash stir fry (garlic oil, , my own dried oregano, and red pepper flakes).
I even baked whole wheat rolls ... something I rarely do. This is a little dark because I reheated it in a foil pack on the grill.

Steak, gruyere and mushrooms quesadillas; onion rings

Chef shapeweaver

Re: Still Cooking

Post by Chef shapeweaver » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:33 am

Kim,
Everything looks amazing, especially
the chicken & dumplings. :D

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:32 pm

Thx Shapes appreciate it. I too am a C&D fan. I just don't make them often; because I would eat the entire dish.

I usually make it when I make my chicken broth. That way, the meat is done; I get extra broth, plus dinner. Sort of a win win!

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:38 pm

Everything looks delicious :o lovely photos Kim!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:10 pm

Thx, I have cooked; just NO recipes really; just throwing stuff together on the go; or at a friends. Just a busy few weeks is all.

lovinretirement

Post by lovinretirement » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:40 pm

Good thing I just ate dinner, or I'd hop a plane and be knocking at your door!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:07 pm

Congrats on your $50.00 win. I love every photo KC. That first one of the chicken with all the goodies around it tells me it was delish cooked. Every photo is mouth watering. You have been eating well

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:37 am

My local meat market / butcher has a great shop. Local owned. He runs specials every day; and, 1x/month he does a drawing. You have all month to enter. You get $50 FREE food. It's a great deal.

And thx. I have cooked and eaten. Just not recipes; and not always at home; so, I sort of forgot to post. This is over probably the last month I guess.