My July Turkey!

A unique and special online gallery where you can post your food photos as well as view other member's food photos, come and chat with our hosts for photo tips and advice

Moderators: Bergy, Derf, QueenBea

Dissie

My July Turkey!

Post by Dissie » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:56 pm

We had a turkey from last Thanksgiving still in the freezer, so I decided to cook it. It was a welcome change and now I have colossal leftovers! The pics were sort of an afterthought, as I was sitting down to eat, I said OH, I NEED PICS! :lol: So, this is my plate! To state the obvious, we were stuffed! The gravy was made from the juices in the electric roaster. I always use a recipe I found a long time ago on F.com for the turkey. I have changed a few things, think I should post it here? Not much info on the web for making turkey in a roaster. Most people think it steams it, and it does not! It gets nice and brown and just delicious. It is the way I always make turkeys! Plus it makes wonderful juices on the bottom to make your gravy!

Kchurchill5

Re: My July Turkey!

Post by Kchurchill5 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:04 am

I am such a fan of turkey ... any time of the year. The gravy looks great. Turkey, dressing, and spuds, perfect. I would of done green green beans, LOL
Just me.
Seriously, an awesome plate of food. And, I would be stuffed too, tryptothan (sp?)
Just please pass me a plate

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:13 am

Thanks Kim, just quick shots, as I was hungry! :lol: I thought about green beans, but honestly I needed to use up those veggies from last summer. Almost a year! Time to use them up before they start to taste freezer burnt. Family already talking about turkey salad sandwiches! Guess what I am making in the morning for supper tomorrow night!? Love the leftovers! DD just texted me and she is so excited to get home, she got off 10 minutes ago! :D

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:45 am

Oh, I could so have turkey leftovers 2-3 days in a row. I know. And turkey sandwiches, OMG.

Just roll me over! I think I wrote this above, but Mom and I would mix mayo and horseradish sauce together and dip turkey in it - watch old movies, and fall asleep in front of the TV. I still love that.

Dis, I guessing Turkey tomorrow for dinner!

Chef shapeweaver

Post by Chef shapeweaver » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:02 am

OMGoodness !!! :shock:
No wonder you're stuffed. :lol:
That's an amazing looking Turkey dinner. :D

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:32 am

Wow beatiful looking dinner. I love the look of the dressing -Have you posted a recipe for it? The gravy looks so good too. July or anytime that is a dinner you can be proud of. You can see how golden the turkey was by that bit of skin showing in the second photo. I am not familiar with electric roastersthey sound great for summer cooking. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:28 pm

Great looking meal Dissie!
We use an antique enamel roaster with lid when we cook turkey!

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:06 pm

YUM!!!! I can taste that lovely looking meal. Nicely done Dissie!

Deepster

Post by Deepster » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:43 pm

Great pics, Dissie!!! That is one lip-smacking plate! Guess I'll just have to settle for baking a chicken soon :D

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:58 pm

Shadows1 wrote:Great looking meal Dissie!
We use an antique enamel roaster with lid when we cook turkey!
I still have mine Shadows. I use it for up to 14 lbs.

I have my big pan for over 14.
Yep, that old enameled works great, after all these years.