If You Love Sage? You will Love this easy soup!

A unique and special online gallery where you can post your food photos as well as view other member's food photos, come and chat with our hosts for photo tips and advice

Moderators: Bergy, Derf, QueenBea

AcadiaTwo

If You Love Sage? You will Love this easy soup!

Post by AcadiaTwo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:35 pm

QueenBea

Re: If You Love Sage? You will Love this easy soup!

Post by QueenBea » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:39 pm

Very nice looking soup 8-)

AcadiaTwo

Post by AcadiaTwo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:49 pm

I'm on a mission to raise its ratings :lol: , as I feel bad cause I found out after making this soup that I hate ground sage! :cry: :lol:

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:13 pm

Ahh it happens Acadia - here it is cilantro. I love cilantro but have family members who tell me to them it tastes like soap. Apparently it is a genetic thing. Good thing I happen to love it - so I knew it was not the recipes but that for them cilantro is a no! What I do is sub with parsley and snip cilantro into mine.

I've made that Pumpkin Soup with canned pumpkin and with gifted pumpkins from a friend's garden and we loved it. We love sage and are genereous in the using - for us it was one great tasting soup. If you suspect it is because you found you do not like sage - why not go with your comments and just forego the stars? Mission accomplished and all good! :) P.S. great looking soup!

AcadiaTwo

Post by AcadiaTwo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:02 pm

Gerry wrote:Ahh it happens Acadia - here it is cilantro. I love cilantro but have family members who tell me to them it tastes like soap. Apparently it is a genetic thing. Good thing I happen to love it - so I knew it was not the recipes but that for them cilantro is a no! What I do is sub with parsley and snip cilantro into mine.

I've made that Pumpkin Soup with canned pumpkin and with gifted pumpkins from a friend's garden and we loved it. We love sage and are genereous in the using - for us it was one great tasting soup. If you suspect it is because you found you do not like sage - why not go with your comments and just forego the stars? Mission accomplished and all good! :) P.S. great looking soup!
Hey Gerry, I hate cilantro too :lol: I thought about getting rid of the stars after it went to the moderator, so I dropped the "powers that be" a note to ask them to remove the stars, so I am waiting to see what happens. I have used fresh sage before, but the ground dried version is :mrgreen: ewww!

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:18 pm

Acadia, me and you are birds of a feather! I too just hate sage. Fresh is ok, but still not my favorite. When making recipes with it, I add just a small amount or leave it out all together!

Your pic does look delicious! Just a soup I won't be making... :lol:

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:08 am

Love Sage or not your photo so doesn't show it. Looks super delish!
Lovely photo Acadia

I think I will make this recipe to test the sage flavour. I like, not love sage.

AcadiaTwo

Post by AcadiaTwo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:37 am

:lol: I know one thing, I will be omitting ground sage from any future recipes!

AcadiaTwo

Post by AcadiaTwo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:38 am

Dissie wrote:Acadia, me and you are birds of a feather! I too just hate sage. Fresh is ok, but still not my favorite. When making recipes with it, I add just a small amount or leave it out all together!

Your pic does look delicious! Just a soup I won't be making... :lol:
:lol: :lol:

AcadiaTwo

Post by AcadiaTwo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:39 am

Bergy wrote:Love Sage or not your photo so doesn't show it. Looks super delish!
Lovely photo Acadia

I think I will make this recipe to test the sage flavour. I like, not love sage.
8-)