Tisme's Oven Baked Corn On The Cob

A unique and special online gallery where you can post your food photos as well as view other member's food photos, come and chat with our hosts for photo tips and advice

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:04 am

Years ago when I BBQ'd I loved corn done on the grill. I don't BBQ anymore so this recipe really caught my eye. Corn cooked like this, without water, is fabulous. There is no comparison - it is so sweet. The husk & silk come away so neatly. Instead of butter I paint on lite mayo with spices mixed in. Tisme I love this recipe and this is the only way I will cook my corn from now one.

SingleDadChef

Re: Tisme's Oven Baked Corn On The Cob

Post by SingleDadChef » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:08 pm

I've never baked corn gonna have to try this! :D

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:24 pm

Very nice photos Bergy, that corn looks so delicious.

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:41 am

SingleDadChef - try it I'm sure you'll love it. As I said from now on I'll be doing my corn this way

Bea with all the BBQing you do you know how good corn is cooked without water. Thanks for your lovely comments on the corn

Tisme

Post by Tisme » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:21 am

Ohh Bergy...I am so pleased and honoured that you tried the recipe.
And even more pleased you liked and enjoyed the corn! :D
And those photo's.... the colors of that corn are just amazing.
Thanks so very much for trying and taking such wonderful photo's of the recipe.
Ohh... I do love the two toned colors in that corn.... saying that twice I know ....but I just love the colours! . :D

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:21 am

T hanks Tisme. You will be seeing more photos. because I will be Baking corn from now on. The Peaches & Cream corm is most popular here and just about all we can get in our local corn season (August to September). We are very lucky because our local corn is really sought after - They come up all the way from Vancouver to buy it (a 41/2 hour drive). So thanks to you for posting that recipe.

Tisme

Post by Tisme » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:37 am

Bergy wrote:T hanks Tisme. You will be seeing more photos. because I will be Baking corn from now on. The Peaches & Cream corm is most popular here and just about all we can get in our local corn season (August to September). We are very lucky because our local corn is really sought after - They come up all the way from Vancouver to buy it (a 41/2 hour drive). So thanks to you for posting that recipe.
Wow... all that way!
But I must admit it looks bloody good corn mate! :D