New Toy

A unique and special online gallery where you can post your food photos as well as view other member's food photos, come and chat with our hosts for photo tips and advice

Moderators: Bergy, Derf, QueenBea

ImPat

New Toy

Post by ImPat » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:47 am

Not a food photo but hopefully will be creating a lot in time -

Want to show off my new toy which was a bargain, recommended retail value $2099 and we got it for $1200 after 3 hours of running around different shops and only 3 actually had one and the store we bought it off had it down for $1595 and I would have received a $80 credit to spend in store as I am VIP member but as it was the only one left in store (display model) they let us have it for $1200 - I was one very elated vegemite. As soon as the DH gets back from the doctors we will be making a chocolate cake and oh not only does it mix but you can cook in the bowl too and it has a food processor and blender jug included and so many hooks (dough, whisk, blend etc.) and heaps of blades for the processor and a really good cook book came with it to.

The Mixer Image

Some of the accessories Image

Pat

Chef shapeweaver

Re: New Toy

Post by Chef shapeweaver » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:03 am

Very,very,nice Pat can't wait to see
all the goodies you make with your
new toy. :D

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:21 am

I have FEE (food equipment envy)! :lol: What an amazing machine. You are going to have so much fun with it! Congrats on the great deal! :D

ImPat

Post by ImPat » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:22 am

The DH came across it while looking at specifications of other mixers I had chosen (was giving myself an $800 budget) but when I saw RRP of this one I positively baulked and said forget it but it kept coming up and haunting me but we couldn't find a store that stocked one but the first store we walked into had one and had it reduced to $1790 and with a twist of the arm I think I would have caved in and said yes but we decided to try a couple of other stores and found one in a store that normally only sells Kitchen Aids and they had it at $1590 but as it was the display model and the only one they had they let us have it at $1200, I wasn't going to argue with that so DH is happy because he feels that are got a good quality product and it was a bargain too. :D :D :D

Pat

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:01 am

Pat I am so happy for you - fabulous bargain and I know you will love it. You can't go wrong with a Kenwood. I bought one in 1991 -not quite as fancy as yours but it was top of the line then and I added several attachments - meat grinder and a Pasta maker for two. It has never given me a bit of trouble. Kneads bread like nothing. I LOVE IT and I know you will too.
Another feature of Kenwood is that all the parts are metal not plastic so the don't wear out (well they were I don't know about yours)

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:50 pm

Woot Woot, so happy for you. Looking forward to seeing all the goodies you are going to whip up in here :D

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:38 pm

It is so fun to get new kitchen items! Very good price!

MsPia

Post by MsPia » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:23 pm

Oh wow!!!
So much fun!!!