Spicy Roasted Cauliflower

A unique and special online gallery where you can post your food photos as well as view other member's food photos, come and chat with our hosts for photo tips and advice

Moderators: Bergy, Derf, QueenBea

QueenBea

Spicy Roasted Cauliflower

Post by QueenBea » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:01 pm

This is my favorite way to enjoy cauliflower!! It is a great healthy side to just about any main meat dish. The leftovers are great cold as a snack or tossed in to a salad -

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/spicy- ... ower-22739 (just posted)

KittenCal

Re: Spicy Roasted Cauliflower

Post by KittenCal » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:32 pm

Best way to cook cauliflower, period! nice pics Bea, these days you need to be rich to buy that veggie, it's crazy at one time it was selling for over 7.00 a head :shock:
If you can eat, you can make it!

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:37 pm

Thx Carol :mrgreen: I have not bought cauliflower in a while because it has been so expensive. But, it was on for $2.88 a head so I bought a few. :P

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:46 pm

QueenBea wrote:Thx Carol :mrgreen: I have not bought cauliflower in a while because it has been so expensive. But, it was on for $2.88 a head so I bought a few. :P

Yeah if finally came down a little Bea, I think I saw it for that price at my Safeway, I know celery came down it was 4.99 :shock: to 1.99.. I am addicted to celery I could eat a whole bunch at a time, so I bought 4 bunches :lol: The price of everything has tripled plus since 20 years ago, it's nuts!!

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:19 pm

Kittencal wrote:
QueenBea wrote:Thx Carol :mrgreen: I have not bought cauliflower in a while because it has been so expensive. But, it was on for $2.88 a head so I bought a few. :P

Yeah if finally came down a little Bea, I think I saw it for that price at my Safeway, I know celery came down it was 4.99 :shock: to 1.99.. I am addicted to celery I could eat a whole bunch at a time, so I bought 4 bunches :lol: The price of everything has tripled plus since 20 years ago, it's nuts!!
Yup, it's pretty bad. It's forcing a lot of lesser fortunate people to live on junk food.

This photo I saw on social media sums it up.

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:37 pm

yup middle class families, elderly can't even afford to eat healthy anymore, it's sad :( geez I wonder what it will be like 20-30 years from now pay checks are not going up much but food prices keep going up all the time, scary :? I think everyone will have to be on social assistance..

BTW are you guys on strike now, I heard something about that

Cupcake33

Post by Cupcake33 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:35 pm

I agree roasted is the best way to cook cauliflower, very nice photo Queen Bea. Food sure is expensive now, you can't waste anything you have to do the best with and leftovers ;)

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:17 am

Kittencal wrote:yup middle class families, elderly can't even afford to eat healthy anymore, it's sad :( geez I wonder what it will be like 20-30 years from now pay checks are not going up much but food prices keep going up all the time, scary :? I think everyone will have to be on social assistance..

BTW are you guys on strike now, I heard something about that
Sad but true.

No strike for us Carol, thank goodness. We were deemed essential at the very last minute so we will never have to go on strike again. Bargaining is done through binding arbitration now ;) So I can buy all the cauliflower I want now, lol. :lol: :lol: :lol:

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:18 am

Cupcake33 wrote:I agree roasted is the best way to cook cauliflower, very nice photo Queen Bea. Food sure is expensive now, you can't waste anything you have to do the best with and leftovers ;)
Thx a bunch Cupcake :P

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:47 am

Wonderful way to eat cauliflower. That first photograph sure is top notch Bea! 8-)