Sue

INFO & RULES - RZ 2013 Summer Vacation Tag

Post by Sue » Wed May 15, 2013 6:26 pm

HOW TO PLAY SUMMER VACATION
We will be tagging recipes.
You can tag recipes others have already posted on RecipeZazz and review them
---OR---
You can post new recipes you have in your possession NOT ALREADY POSTED HERE
and you agree to have them tried and tested within the 2 week reviewing period (kind of like reviewing them)
You can tag as many times from a destination as you like.
You can tag whichever destinations you like- there is no commitment to do a certain number of them.

Each week, new destinations with special types of recipes will be made available to tag for vacation. All you need to do is post that you want to tag a certain recipe in that topic, then you report back that you either 1) reviewed it (if it wasn't your recipe) or 2) marked your newly posted recipe "tried and true" if you added it to Zazz for Vacation tag, all in that same topic.
It's OK if you tag something and make it and want to report early (before the tour departs to that place). It's all good. :D
Here are links to the current sign up topics:
WEEK 1 DESTINATIONS AND SIGN-UPS NOW OPEN: click here---> http://www.recipezazz.com/forum/viewtop ... =14&t=6026
WEEK 2 DESTINATIONS AND SIGN-UPS NOW OPEN click here---> http://www.recipezazz.com/forum/viewtop ... =14&t=6046

There will also be a RECIPE SHOWCASE that you can browse to look for recipes that are acceptable for the Vacation. If you want your recipes in there for others to browse, just add links to them in that topic and say which destination you want them to be used for.
If you have a recipe you want to promote that applies to more than one thing, just list it more than once, making sure you say what it is for each time you list it.
Here are the current showcase topics:
click here-----> Week 1 Recipe Showcase
or click here----->WEEK 2 Recipe Showcase

Summer Vacation Recipebook: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipes/book/2420
(All the recipes that are tried, posted and/or reviewed during Summer Vacation)

Summer vacation will run the entire summer, from May 25th to August 31st (Memorial Day weekend through labor Day weekend).

Last edited by Sue on Fri May 17, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Engrossed

Re: Coming Soon! New Tag "N" Cook Fun Summer Game!

Post by Engrossed » Wed May 15, 2013 7:28 pm

Great job Sue! Thank you so much for coming up with this fun game! I'll definately be jumping on the bus and what a fantastic trip it is going to be! :D

P.S. That video/song really has me in the mood. :D

Engrossed

Post by Engrossed » Wed May 15, 2013 7:40 pm

If you can find any festivals for things like Vegan/Vegetarian, Diabetic, or Gluten-Free, I think it would be appreciated by some members that would like to see more recipes for these. ;)

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed May 15, 2013 8:41 pm

This is going to be soooo much fun! Looking forward to climbin' on the bus and visiting places not yet seen.

You have done a terrific job Sue! :D

Engrossed

Post by Engrossed » Wed May 15, 2013 9:37 pm

Oh yeah, and since this isn't a "tag you're it" game, we can cross-tag in the other games! It might be nice to offer up our recipes for the current upcoming regions in Billboard Tag. If we have the credits. ;) :D

Sue

Post by Sue » Wed May 15, 2013 9:54 pm

Engrossed wrote:If you can find any festivals for things like Vegan/Vegetarian, Diabetic, or Gluten-Free, I think it would be appreciated by some members that would like to see more recipes for these. ;)
I will be trying to add dates for *real* festivals in the world, that are happening in the summer. Some of them aren't during the summer, but I will try to fill them in as close to the time they would have occurred as I can.
This way we can have a location and some info on the real festivals.
I have pencilled in the "Appetite for Awareness Gluten Free Festival" which happens in Philadelphia for August as it is an Autumn festival.
I have also pencilled in the Richmond Vegetarian festival in Richmond Virginia for June 15th, the actual day it occurs.
Pencilled in a diabetes festival for June 1st: Canadian Diabetes Association Wine & Food Fest in Fredericton, New Brunswick.

Great ideas! 8-)
Keep them coming! We still have plenty of empty slots! :)

Chef shapeweaver

Post by Chef shapeweaver » Wed May 15, 2013 10:32 pm

Hi Sue, :-H
Sounds like it's going to be a great time,
please sign me up for the English Tour. :D
Speaking of English, check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnrsqf33MXA
Last edited by Chef shapeweaver on Wed May 15, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chef shapeweaver

Post by Chef shapeweaver » Wed May 15, 2013 10:37 pm

Here's another food Festival :
Garlic Festival July 26th.,27th.,& 28th.
In Gilroy, California.
One more to add:
Pierogi Food Fest
July 27th., 28th.,& 29th.
Whiting, Indiana
And yet another one,
August 17-18, 2013 4th Annual Sausage & Beer Festival - Cherry Valley, California

Sue

Post by Sue » Wed May 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Just to clarify on a question and point:
You can tag recipes on Zazz already posted if you plan to make them and review them. Review is required for that tag, no photo needed, so if you don't have a camera, no worries.
You can also submit your own recipes as a tag, if you intend to cook them yourself in the same reviewing period. In lieu of a review, I ask that your recipe then be marked "Tested & Approved".

If you wish to submit recipes in general, without trying them, that's fine, but they won't be tags unless you make them or someone else does. Just upload them to Zazz.
You can advertise your recipes in a recipebook if you like. But it's not necessary, as any recipe suitable for any destination will be acceptable whether it is in a recipebook or not.

Sue

Post by Sue » Wed May 15, 2013 11:33 pm

Chef shapeweaver wrote:Hi Sue, :-H
Sounds like it's going to be a great time,
please sign me up for the English Tour. :D
Speaking of English, check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnrsqf33MXA
I have made a separate topic for week one destinations, so you can sign up in that thread, along with the name of the recipe you intend to make, along with the link for it (if it has one yet).
If you are doing an off-site recipe or recipe from a book, etc., and know the title, list it as your tag. When the recipe publishes, you can then give the link, but to count as a tag, it will need to be added to the RecipeZazz recipes.

click here----> http://www.recipezazz.com/forum/viewtop ... =14&t=6026
Last edited by Sue on Wed May 15, 2013 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.