~*~ So What's On Your Holiday Menus This Year? ~*~

Moderators: LindasBusyKitchen, Kchurchill5

LindasBusyKitchen

~*~ So What's On Your Holiday Menus This Year? ~*~

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:20 pm

I know it's early, but some of us may be trying to figure out our menus for the holidays, and would like to get some ideas from our fellow "Zazzies", so what are you planning for your Christmas Dinner, Hanukkah, New Years Eve Party, New Years Day Celebration, etc.

I am excited to see your menus, so when you figure it all out, stop on in and let us know "What's Cooking In Your Kitchen For The Holidays"!!!

Kchurchill5

Re: ~*~ So What's On Your Holiday Menus This Year? ~*~

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:50 pm

Linda, nice to hear you are recovering well. That is good to hear.
---------------------------------------
Well, I have my friends Tday party coming up first, next Saturday due to 's schedules. We do a unique Tday intepretation - Seattle this year, I will post menu.

Xmas Eve ... my sons choice. It will be he, his gf and just me. He usually pics fairly simple. He does like rack of lamb; so, that may be a choice. He likes shrimp, smoked salmon; pasta ... so, we will see. I should say simple in ... meat, pasta or grains, salad, and beer.

Xmas Day ... my Day. I don't do anything; usually I make a nice breakfast for me; and, sometimes a friend. One friend has a small open house; so, I do go to that; but, don't eat too much. Dinner, I reheat up ham, turkey; stuffing; and sort of a mini Tday of sorts (usually my freezer stash). A couple of times I heated up ham; made potato salad and baked beans ... that was a common dinner growing up. Beach walk, relax.

Now, in between Xmas and NY's, my friends and I will have a nice late Holiday party. This year is beef tenderloin ... What else I don't know. Just 10 of us. Again, we all pitch in; so, not too much work.

NY's Eve, I usually go to a friends party, again a small group. No clue, it is a new theme every year. I will take a couple of dishes.

NY's Day, just me. Usually chili; but, since I have 4 containers in the freezer ... I think I will invite a couple of poker buddies over for football and chili. Might make some fried mushrooms/dip; pickle dip; maybe some smoked salmon; and beer. I'm sure someone would bring something too. The guys would do the mushrooms.

LindasBusyKitchen

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:32 am

Sounds like you have your cooking cut out for you Kim, and it sounds great!

We are having an "Ugly Sweatshirt Christmas Party" at my nieces and I am going to make something to bring. Not sure what yet... Looking at recipes now.... Will report back...

I will either be going to my sister's house for Christmas Day, or making something here, not sure which, but either way I will be looking for something good to bring or make for my dinner here.

Not sure what I am doing for New Years yet, but know that no matter what I do, I will be making something to munch on while watching the ball drop somewhere!

Who else is getting their Holiday Menus ready??? Share it here!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:22 am

Linda; thanks. And, at least all the parties are pot luck or work together; so, I'm off the hook for the most part, lol.

Sounds like you got a good plan too. I love the Ugly Sweatshirt Party!! Yeah, my NY's even though it is a party; it is very low key.

I was asked to go out with a group downtown; and we also have a ball (well a pineapple, it is FL); but, I went a few years ago; and, it is just mayhem.
I'll stay at home and have better food and cheaper drinks, lol.

LindasBusyKitchen

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:56 am

Sounds like a plan Kim :lol:

maDonna

Post by maDonna » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:41 pm

it's a wee bit to early for me to confirm my menu but ham and mashed potatoes for sure ;)

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:51 pm

Knowing my son, he will pic his Xmas Eve dinner 2 nights before if that. It is always last minute with him.

DanD

Post by DanD » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:25 pm

Me also a little early, I know it will be prime rib and prepared mashed potatoes then baked in small cups will be on my menu for certain

LindasBusyKitchen

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:36 pm

Sounds like both of you have put some thought into it already... and it sounds yummy too :) Pop back in when you get your menus figured out and let us know what you finally decide on!

BettyinDenver

Post by BettyinDenver » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:02 pm

I'm not yet sure if it will be prime rib or a ham, if I can get a roast at a good price then it will be prime rib, it's not going to be anything really fancy just the same as every other year I'm not a real fancy cook. I'll check back here to see what everyone else has planned ;)