July Food Photo Forum Event

Check here often for all our current and upcoming events
QueenBea

July Food Photo Forum Event

Post by QueenBea » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:51 pm

Your lovely host Gerry is looking forward to you sharing your pot-luck photos, recipes and ideas with us. Lets hear all those pot-luck stories....

Dissie

Re: July Food Photo Forum Event

Post by Dissie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:04 pm

Love it as we have one of these every month at work. This month we are doing it twice! Having one on Saturday, since we are being forced to work! ;) :lol:

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:25 pm

So cool Dissie.... I hope you take pics ;)

We have one planned for this weekend also. I'm soooo looking forward to it.

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:02 am

PotLuck Parties are fun - Great for neighbourhood get to gethers! This should be a fun event

Sue

Post by Sue » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:21 am

Looking forward to this!
Not quite a potluck, but I am putting together the prep on a cookout for 15 for tomorrow for Bill, who is doing the hosting on a company event they are having in the afternoon at a mini-golf, which their group area has a gas grill. I suggested marinated grilled chicky sammies, smoked sausage/vegetable & pineapple grilled kebabs and for the veggie option on the kebabs- tempeh instead of smoked sausage. Also ensalata caprese, cuke salad, chips and cookies for dessert. Bill liked the idea and I hope it goes over well. Not sure if Bill can get pics of this or not, but I will see if he can snap a few from his cell phone.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Great start to the Potluck Party Bea, appreciate your time and talents in getting the July event going. At our house the Canada Day weekend sees family coming home to enjoy the time together as well as celebrating a July 4th birthday.

Right now this hostess is in the midst of planned and unplanned projects, hoping I still have a kitchen to work in this coming weekend. I have several potluck garden parties on for our Canada Day long weekend.

Always included are the expected favouties. I have made a practice of adding several new to us recipes and always look forward to the potluck offerings.

If you are planning a party be it a casual get together, community or church supper, family reunion or a little gathering join us in the sharing of ideas, photos, and recipes. Welcome, it's Potluck Party time, come on in and join Bergy, Derf, QueenBea and myself here at the Photo Forum! :)

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:20 pm

I'll be watching for this! We're having a family bbq in a few weeks and I don't have a clue as to what I'll be preparing. Yep, I'll be stealing your ideas but I give credit when I use your recipes. 8-)

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:48 pm

It'll be fun to see every one's favorite Pot Luck recipes even if they aren't using them right now. Great subject with two holidays - Our Canada Day and the US 4th Julycoming up ASP

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:51 pm

I just wanted to comment that I love that pic! There are 2 plates where it's former occupants use to live. Then there are some dishes where hardly anything is gone. Makes me smile, as that's pretty much the way it happens!

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:41 pm

Dissie wrote:I just wanted to comment that I love that pic! There are 2 plates where it's former occupants use to live. Then there are some dishes where hardly anything is gone. Makes me smile, as that's pretty much the way it happens!

It does that Dissie! Living in a small community makes for great potlucks, everyone brings their very best because everyone knows who brought what! It's amazing how some dishes empty so quickly. Have always said you know you have a winner when the dish comes home empty.

This hostess just had three lower level rooms gutted today, will have to burn some midnight oil to prepare for the weekend and try keep a semblance of order ongoing. Have to hope it doesn't rain so we can keep the garden party outdoors.