WHAT'S FOR DINNER - AUGUST 2014

Not sure what to make for dinner? Find out what member's have on their menu for tonight, it's a great way to pick up meal ideas
Kchurchill5

WHAT'S FOR DINNER - AUGUST 2014

Post by Kchurchill5 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:39 pm

Is it really August already ... where has the summer gone?
I bet many of you in the northeast are enjoying those summer veggies. But, some, haven't had much of a summer - a bit cooler. And those overseas; a whole different season - it's winter for some of you - bundle up.

Well, if you are in that "What's For Dinner" rut; stop by and see what the rest of us are up to.

Kchurchill5

Re: WHAT'S FOR DINNER - AUGUST 2014

Post by Kchurchill5 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:55 pm

Morning ... and Welcome the 1st of August!!
TGIF as well

I have my plan made - yes, a day ahead of time ... and, hopefully, I can stick to it.

For Ladies #1 and #2: Card/Game Night - Mini blue cheese burgers; http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/summer ... corn-12578; iceberg lettuce (cubes), skewered w/grape tomatoes, and served w/http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/green- ... ssing-6179; my own version of summer shandy beer (lemonade/beer); grilled pound cake, dipped in a butter rum sauce, and topped w/warm berry compote (strawberries, black and red raspberries), whipped cream

Me: Ham slices w/warm mustard vinaigrette, or mustard horseradish dip; spud salad; corn on the cob

Chef shapeweaver

Post by Chef shapeweaver » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:28 am

Hi :-H
Tonight I'm trying a recipe that I've
posted,but haven't made.
#recipe13299
If it doesn't work,I'll have it removed.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:07 am

Sounds good Shapes.

KareninMass

Post by KareninMass » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:15 am

Kim - your ladies are so lucky - that dinner sounds terrific. Shapes, I like to serve chili over a starch ( in the winter ) - I am interested in how that hash turns out. Never met a potato I didn't like.

I survived my first week back to work after vacation.....

Dinner tonight - DH is making a cheating version of turkey dinner. Grilled Turkey tenderloin, Stovetop stuffing with sausage ( only stiffing we like - no homemade stiffing for us LOL ) - We will make the stuffing, pat into cakes and crisp in a pan. Gravy , cranberry and some steamed broccoli.

Lunch is a CORD ( Clean out Refrigerator Day ) salad.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:34 am

Karen,

Thx, every Fri, the ladies have a card/game night. Usually they invite 4-5 others. They like appies, desserts, etc too; but, I try to make stuff ahead. I will grill the burgers for them; but, the dessert they will simply micro the berries for a minute and serve over the cake (already grilled). They can get around; it is just difficult for them to stand, and cook. My containers, I just pick up the next day; and, their made does the dishes. It works out really well. I've been cooking for them over 4 yrs now; they are sweethearts. I wish all food clients were so nice, lol.

I hope you had a nice vacation - and, welcome back. Love the turkey dinner, sounds delicious. And making the cakes with the stuffing I love that idea.

Stove top; I keep a can of that on hand all the time. If I want to make 1 or 2 small stuffed chicken breasts, it is perfect. I usually add some celery, onion, maybe peppers or mushrooms. Just a little, and it works great when I don't need too much.

The sausage sounds delicious! I love turkey any time of the year. ENJOY!

lovinretirement

Post by lovinretirement » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:05 pm

Tonight we're having my balsamic marinated grilled pork chops http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/balsam ... hops-13186, and home-grown yellow wax beans and home-grown broccoli with grated ginger and orange zest. Can't believe the summer is 2/3 over. Every year when the Pro Football Hall of Fame comes around here in Canton, Ohio, I know the summer's almost at an end. Rather depressing. They're having their ribs burn-offs now. Sounds good, but they're too expensive and I can make my own a lot cheaper. :D

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:21 pm

Sounds tasty lovin. Nothing better than fresh veggies from the garden. Yes ... summer is flying by isn't it. I will definitely miss it. When I start seeing the Fall Premier TV shows, it's time. SAD!

Although our summer is pretty much through Nov; but, we do cool down a bit.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:49 am

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Back to yard work today, a bit of this and that, and definitely the pool.
Another dry hot day.

Helping a gf plan her fiances b'day party. So, dinner tonight by the pool.

- She is bringing baby artichokes grill w/lemon aioli dip
- I have onion patties (burger) in the freezer. I'll serve them open face Italian style. Topped with marinara, peppers/onions, and mozz.
- Mixed greens tossed with a home made balsamic
- Maybe some fruit for dessert
- A bottle of cab

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:14 am

"Happy Sunday" ? Kim are you a day ahead of the rest of us!? LOL! Sounds like you have already been into that cab!