WHAT'S FOR DINNER - DECEMBER 2013

Not sure what to make for dinner? Find out what member's have on their menu for tonight, it's a great way to pick up meal ideas
Felix4067

Re: WHAT'S FOR DINNER - DECEMBER 2013

Post by Felix4067 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:39 pm

Definitely making Christmas dinner tomorrow. I've got my schedule for food as well as drugs mapped out, and I think it'll work out just fine. :)

Cornish Hens (a recipe from F.com since the powers that be here couldn't ever figure out the nutrition info on Cornish hen recipes on this site), steel-cut oats with mushrooms, onions and smoked Gouda (from Shape magazine), #recipe3702, a couple of baked sweet potatoes (served simply with butter, salt and pepper), some Grands Southern-style biscuits, a jar of Aunt Nellie's sweet & sour red cabbage, #recipe3027, and for dessert #recipe7885.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:18 am

Morning ...

Have a great time Felix. Sounds like you got everything under control.
FL has wierd weather ... 85 today, but then back to the 70's. Wish it would go one way or another. Very warm and unusual.

Today, NO farmers market; have enough stuff on hand. Besides, I still can't really smell or taste anything (cold)

Dinner ... I have a whole bag of onions ... so what better than onion soup - topped w/cheese of course.
And, a french dip sandwich. It is one of my favorite combos, from a restaurant I used to go to growing up.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:24 am

Decided not to do soup. Ended up picking up some swordfish bites at the store ... haven't had swordfish in a while. A simple lemon herb marinade; then grilled. They were terrible. They said fresh; and this store is always good with their seafood. NOT fishing tasting, but tough, and just Not good. Only 5.99, so it didn't break the bank; but disappointed; I was looking forward to them.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:55 am

After my horrible swordfish last night ... I actually decided to do more seafood. I have a steel head fillet. I will grill that. I also have rice; or grilled cabbage. I could also make slaw too; and, I have enough veggies for a couple of skewers. Tomatoes and zucchini.

I guess I will just wait to see what I feel like when it is dinner. I have a few options.

Felix4067

Post by Felix4067 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:36 pm

My refrigerator is stuffed full of leftovers, so we'll be eating a bunch of those. And I was informed I would be packaging a bunch of stuff up to be frozen as well.

Sue

Post by Sue » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:06 pm

I made some hoppin' john and cracklin' corn bread as kind of an early New year's. I am planning on doing choucroute garni tomorrow. new year's Eve we often have shrimp or seafood. New Year's lunch (if we don't have brunch) is usually reuben sandwiches and I have prime rib set for dinner that night. Oh and tomorrow lunch I have some tandoori chicken set to grill.
After that i will drown myself in leftovers like Felix is doing.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:50 pm

Sue, you got it all planned out. And Felix, I would be in leftover heaven too.

I'm still battling a cold, and had a bit of a setback; so, just catching up to stuff I had on hand for the most part. But the next week or so I will be just cooking a couple of things; and using stuff I have. I do have a ham for NY's day.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:21 am

Morning Everyone!

Sort of under the weather again. Still can't breath, but achy again. But, I haven't rested too much either.

Today, luckily - Ladies #1 and #2, my g/f is taking care of. Not spreading germs, :o :o :o
Me, I feel like comfort food. Meatloaf, peas; and, I have leftover spuds. I'm going to add some sour cream, bacon, scallions and bake it a gratin dish topped with a cracker cheese topping. COMFORT in a dish!

Besides, I really want to end up with meatloaf sandwiches.

I'm also doing a big a** chicken in the crock tonight for lady #4 tomorrow. They want a big pan of chicken and dumplings for Tues. I will wear a MASK! :shock: :x :shock: It will take a good 8 hours on low. Will be finished up tomorrow for dinner.

Felix4067

Post by Felix4067 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:53 am

Leftovers again, since you still couldn't wedge anything in my refrigerator if your life depended on it and tomorrow is grocery day. ;)

Tonight I'm going to figure a way to convince my mother it's OK for me to go to the bar. Not to drink...I cannot even imagine having any alcohol on top of these drugs...but because I still have 14 dozen cookies, an entire 9x13 pan of gingerbread, and a loaf of bread in my house and I normally bring a tray to my bartender. Also, I have pretty much been in this house since December 4, and I really, REALLY need out.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:46 pm

GO out, enjoy, try to relax a bit ... and I'm sure the bartender will love the cookies!! I think you have earned a night out.