What WAS on Your Plate & WHAT'S for Dinner 2/25/17-2/26/17

Not sure what to make for dinner? Find out what member's have on their menu for tonight, it's a great way to pick up meal ideas
Kchurchill5

What WAS on Your Plate & WHAT'S for Dinner 2/25/17-2/26/17

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:16 am

WOW, SO SORRY I FORGOT!
I Have Been Under The Weather ... And, A Big Party (catering) Tonight ... Guess, I Just Had A Blonde Moment!

Yesterday ...
Not too much; still feeling under ... so, easy cooking. A pita pizza, topped w/mix of pesto and marinara, fresh mozz, parm, and basil. Simple but easy.

Today, the party ...
Thought I would share the menu for anyone interested:
- Doing a party for all 3 Ladies and 10 guests. A McDonalds Party ... (making new and better versions of their menu). We did one last year; and, it was fun.
I made round stickers on my printers with the Micky D's logo. We wrap all the sandwiches and secure with a sticker. Stenciled the M on red boxes for hash browns and clear cups for the shakes.
We even made place mats on the printe and serve on trays rather than plates.

MD's call it Artisian "Italian marinated" grilled chicken sandwich w/tomato, lettuce, and a creamy Italian sauce; http://www.recipezazz.com/…/better-than ... ish-sandwi… w/or without cheese; http://www.recipezazz.com/rec…/sarasota ... alad-22120 served in lettuce cups; baked hash browns w/spicy ketchup; their fruit and walnuts, plain or over mixed greens; adult classic vanilla and chocolate shakes; http://www.delish.com/…/a21006/mcdonald ... ie-recipe-…/ - and, I do have help
=========================

Tonight ...
I simple made a herb omlette w/asparagus and havarti, toast on the side w/strawberry refrigerator jam.

Kchurchill5

Re: What WAS on Your Plate & WHAT'S for Dinner 2/25/17-2/27/

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:20 am

Well, It Is The 26th Already ...
Happy SATURDAY Everyone!

Today's Cooking ...
Something I didn't eat last week because of feeling 'crappy.' My swiss chard stuffed veggies rolls (stuffed w/rice, mixed veggies, tomatoes; baked slow in a tomato sauce - similar to stuffed cabbage); grilled sausage on the side. Fruit salad for dessert.
Freezer stash; so, just heat and serve.

Kchurchill5

Re: What WAS on Your Plate & WHAT'S for Dinner 2/25/17-2/26/

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:22 am

It's nice to have a veggie night; but, I may or may not add the sausage on the side. The rolls are rich enough as is.

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:01 am

Last night, I made homemade ranch burgers with sweet potato fries (for me) and waffle fries (for him).

Tonight the plan is pulled pork - mine will be more like a salad and his will be on a bun. Probably with cucumber salad or something like that on the side. Maybe some broccoli or green beans as well.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:23 am

Sounds delish ... I love SP fries; and, the pulled pork sounds great.
Something to try - if you have leftover pork. Saute some cabbage, thin sliced onion, shredded potato. Then, top with pulled pork and swiss cheese. Really really good. It's a great leftover and easy too. You can serve the cabbage cold too; but, I love it warm.

ellie

Post by ellie » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:31 am

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:28 am

ellie wrote:Tonight we are having http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/chicke ... wers-25666 and rice.
Wow those look so good.

Sandram

Post by Sandram » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:09 pm

To night I will make burgers on my indoor grill, I'm serving them open-faced topped with gravy, also making some fries. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

SixBeans

Post by SixBeans » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:06 pm

I'm making tonight this recipe: Korean Beef but in a slow cooker :)

1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce, plus more to taste
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
One 3-pound boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water
2 green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish- optional
1 teaspoon sesame seeds, for garnish- optional

In a large bowl, whisk together the beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, oil, vinegar, ginger, Sriracha, onion powder and white pepper.
Put the roast in a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker. Pour the broth mixture over the beef.
Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high heat for 3 to 4 hours, or until the cubes of meat are very tender but still retain their shape.
In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Stir the mixture into the broth in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for an additional 30 minutes, or until the sauce has slightly thickened.
Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds- if desired.

ellie

Post by ellie » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:21 pm

SixBeans wrote:I'm making tonight this recipe: Korean Beef but in a slow cooker :)

1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce, plus more to taste
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
One 3-pound boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water
2 green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish- optional
1 teaspoon sesame seeds, for garnish- optional

In a large bowl, whisk together the beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, oil, vinegar, ginger, Sriracha, onion powder and white pepper.
Put the roast in a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker. Pour the broth mixture over the beef.
Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high heat for 3 to 4 hours, or until the cubes of meat are very tender but still retain their shape.
In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Stir the mixture into the broth in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for an additional 30 minutes, or until the sauce has slightly thickened.
Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds- if desired.
did you post this recipe -- this looks good, especially on days that I need a slow-cooker recipe.